Chapter sixteen: her eyes only

‘’Hi, Bolaji.’’ Bisi said softly in a high pitched voice. ‘’Fancy meeting you here. You are looking really handsome, by the way. This would have been a really pleasant evening if a certain someone wasn’t also here.’’ She looked pointedly at Sylvester with a scowl on her face.

That wiped whatever admiration expression Sylvester had on his face as he returned the scowl. ‘’ Uh, uh, is that so? I was also having a great time until you showed up.’’

Bolaji was occupied with an amusing smile with the drama. ‘’Come on, guys. Play nice.’’ Bolaji chuckled.

‘’This isn’t my fault, I was actually going to play nice with her tonight.’’ Sylvester grumbled with a glare.

Bisi pouted her lips as she mocked him. ‘’Are you going to cry now, hun?’’

‘’Well, nice meeting you.’’ Sylvester said in a voice dripping in sarcasm. ‘’ I’m going to leave you here with the pain in the butt woman and go enjoy my evening with other beautiful ladies.’’ He said smugly with a devilish grin on his face.

‘’ Urgh… will you ever grow up… you?’’ Bisi said with disgust on her face.

‘’Now, now… there’s no need to get jealous. If my presence is not welcomed here, I’m sure plenty other ladies would be willing to accommodate me.’’ Sylvester winked at her as he turned leave.

‘’Don’t get your hopes up…’’ Bisi’s voice trailed as he left. She turned to face him and saw the amused look on his face. ‘’What…? I’m only like that to him because I want him to be a better person.’’

Bolaji gave short laugh. ‘’I know. Trust me, I do. Your interactions with him still amuses him nonetheless, and I think you might have hurt his feelings tonight.’’

‘’That one has feelings that could be hurt…? News to me.’’ She said blowing it away. She had done that to intentionally hurt him. Bolaji just shook his head. ‘’ Forget him. When are you going to compliment my looks?’’ She said twirling around.

‘’Look at me keeping a lady waiting. Forgive my rudeness, beautiful lady.’’ He gave a playful bow as he said playfully. ‘’You are looking exceptionally stunning tonight, my lady.’’ Bolaji said in a serious tone.

Bisi beamed. ‘’Glad you think that. How has the evening been so far?’’ she slipped her hands into his elbow as she led him towards her father, the CEO, that has just entered the room. As he entered the room, a lot of people went towards him to greet and welcome him. From a distance, he saw the CEO shaking hands with executives, Heads of Companies and all others.

Bolaji pointed to the CEO. ‘’Like that.’’ He answered her question.

Bisi chuckled. ‘’I know how that feels.’’ She rolled her eyes. ‘’While I might like parties, I don’t really enjoy that aspect. Greeting everyone… pfft, yeah right.’’ She was used to it.

Probably because she was the CEO’s daughter, she had grown up with people always greeting her and having to greet a lot of people.

‘’Congratulations, by the way. Even though I know you would have gotten tired of it already.’’ Bisi greeted him.

‘’Not when it is coming from a friend, no. Thank you.’’ Bolaji returned with a smile and Bisi nodded. As they were approaching the CEO, there were stares trailing them, especially from the unattached males, even some of the married ones were also stealing glances. They were with no doubt, staring at the beautiful daughter of the CEO. They reached the CEO’s area, both he and Bisi greeted as people who were departing from the CEO’s side greeted them. When they got to Mr Folarin, it was only Mr Segun that remained there.