25. The Letter

(Greyson's POV)

Thirteen,

Back in Lorien, I visit you and your brother as often as I can. But you know that your Grandpa Vegard never allowed me to see you two. Sometimes I would just leave a food outside your house and wait until you and brother take it. If you remember your Chimaera Justus, who usually transforms into a giant seagull, that's actually a gift from me and Lira.

Two days before the invasion, Lira and I found out about the ten chosen Garde and Cepan, even the coming invasion. I plead to one of the Elders named Phyllis to join other kids including you and Fourteen, because it'll be unfair if he'd just let limited ten kids, but then, he trashed my proposal and says it would never happen, only twenty (10 Garde and 10 Cepan) is allowed, and that their decision is final.

That day, I tried to talk to my colleagues in my organization called Lorien Institute for Shape-shifters. At first, they listen to me. But when I mentioned about the coming invasion, most of them left. Only three believed me, and they were my closest friends. We planned to take you and Fourteen and my friends' kids to send you to Earth just like the chosen Garde and Cepan. However, none of us agreed to assign a Cepan for you, as your real Cepan died already during the attack. Lira and I arrange you and Fourteen's Chest, and so is the others to their child.

No one knew about our plan, except us.

During the Quarter Moon festival, I found you and Fourteen running across the dark streets so I took you to the museum. All the airports are destroyed, so we don't have a choice but to put you in capsules. Some of the ships are gone, too, which we guess there are others who escaped. I even heard that the tenth Garde was killed before he reached the ship.

We number you in order. Elise's daughter was Eleven. Keeve's son was Twelve. You and your twin brother was Thirteen and Fourteen, while my closest friend Levin, his daughter was Fifteen. This is the continuation of the Elder's plan and from my failed proposal with Phyllis.

You never been part of their plan, it's just our plan. We've been charged a treason and sedition against the Elders and government. But we never cared, we continue, anyway. Besides, they never knew if you made it to Earth or not.

We erase some parts of your memories; the rest was kept to the deepest part of your mind. We inject liquids so you would know the real reason why you've been sent and understand what really happened to our home planet, that's now hibernating and almost barren.

After Fifteen's capsule flew, the Mogs found us, killing four of my friends including my wife Lira. I managed to escape, but it was very hard to see my wife being killed in front of me. So I went to another capsule that leads to Earth; the sixteenth one after Number Fifteen's capsule. I'm too much afraid that once all of you reach the Earth, you'll be killed immediately.

I don't have a choice but to follow you. I don't want to see you die like my wife Lira, wasting all our sacrifices so you five can survive.

Once I reach Earth, I try to find you and your brother, but I end up with Eleven in Washington DC. I disguise as a Cepan and no Legacies at all to hide my identity. We attempt to find you, but we were tracked and found by the Mogadorians.

To Eleven, I wanted to ask for an apology, for lying and making you believe I'm a Cepan. And I'm sorry for putting your life in danger and being sent to a Mogadorian base just because of my great confidence of finding Thirteen and Fourteen. It was my fault.

And Thirteen, I already heard about you lately from news in Australia. I knew it was you, because your ability to take control waves was your mother's Legacy too. That's the reason why I wrote this before we were captured.