12. The Betrayal

(Fifteen's POV)

Along our way to Brazil, we had many stops. We change our truck three times just to be sure that we are not being followed. We lived in motels and rest there every night so that both of us would get comfortable somehow. We got separated with Jian in Colombia. Rex knows the gestures and body language of Jian that's why when I realized we lost him, Rex says he's fine and we're going to meet him in Brazil.

"He knows his way," he'd say.

It's better off without Jian anyway. I mean, when we go in towns, he's so big and I can't change him into anything. What if I made him look like a dog, but people would bump him because it's just an illusion. But part of me feels like I miss him. I don't want to be with Rex all the way to Brazil.

Rex has a device that reacts when there's a Mog scout around. So we're safe as long as the device doesn't make sound. Once we reach the borders of Brazil, the device still doesn't shakes. But it makes me feel uneasy, though.

We are heading to Rio de Janeiro. That's where the Garde is. I remember when I last saw Fourteen in my dream. He's fast, maybe that's his Legacy. But saving the girl wasn't that wise. It can call the attention of the Mogs. What if they already got him? Fourteen is as idiot as Thirteen.

I haven't forgotten what Thirteen did. If I could have telepathy, I could have told him to leave Australia now. Rex says the Mogs finds out about him. The scout he thought killed in there, the one he used the waves with, was still alive. He was just been carried by the waves. 

Unfortunately, he told everyone about the "nine plus four" thing. The other Mogs doubt about it at first, and Rex was there, but the commander tells them it might be true. Whether it was true for them or not, they're going to pulverize every Loric on Earth alive.

That's when they sent another scouts to follow Thirteen. They we're now tracking him through the waters in Indian Ocean. If I could just go there in an instant, I could help him. But my Legacies are not yet fully developed. Well, I have Illusions, telekinesis, and disease-giver (I'm pretty sure now that was a Legacy). I was expecting more. I could have teleportation, or telepathy. But whatever it is, I have to wait.

Now I was expecting that Fourteen was still there. I have to find him so he can help me with the others, or maybe Eleven. But if he was dumb enough to stay and be killed by the Mogs, not my fault. But I have to assume I can still find him here.

Speaking of Eleven, I haven't talk about her with Rex. I wasn't sure if can fully trust him or what. But he is a traitor to their own cause. To his own people. I wonder how it feels to help your enemy, but anyway, the Lorics are not the real enemy. And if the Mogadorians their selves realize how badass their actions are, that leaves to this Rex, and his mate Adam.

Adam was helping the ten Garde. Rex told me everything he knows about them, but not all because he doesn't know yet about everything. And he told me the ten Garde doesn't know about us yet. They don't need to know. There'll be confusions if we met the ten, and it'll be a great chaos. So we don't have to meet them yet. At least, not now.

While Rex and I stay in motels, he trained me a lot outside so that people might think we're not just checking in to mess with our lives and stuffs. So we have to get outside, anyway. I never had training before, except shouting and fighting with Ellen in the orphanage. It feels like my reflexes have never been nudged. It feels great to have my body being exercised anyway. It's like I haven't moved my muscles ever since.

"Are there any workouts today?" I ask Rex. "It could be fun and all..."

Rex didn't look at me. He's busy and looks more serious at what he was doing. He's researching and studying about a blog called They Walk Among Us. He says it was the blog where most of the other Garde look at. There was once a magazine with the same name, but it was closed before a well-known incident happened in Paradise.