15

~Chapter 15~

With the solemn voice, a majestic figure clad in black slowly emerged from the Chong Zi Palace. The person was tall and upright, exuding dignity and grace. His countenance was resolute, and with each step, they displayed the bearing of a sovereign. As soon as he appeared, the entire square fell into silence. Even Feng Ran, hovering in the sky, narrowed her eyes slightly, and her hands behind her back involuntarily tightened.

Demon Emperor Sen Jian truly lived up to the reputation of being a peak power for thousands of years. Even Feng Ran could only forcibly calm herself under the overwhelming aura of his unyielding presence. She could even sense a vague palpitation from him, a feeling she had only encountered when facing gods. However, it was clear that Sen Jian had not reached the level of those ancient supreme gods.

As everyone watched the Demon Emperor slowly emerge from the Chong Zi Palace, they showed respectful demeanor, collectively taking several steps back and bowing in reverence. Due to the large number of demon lords surrounding them, no one noticed the black figure in the crowd that remained as unmoving as a mountain.

Among the Three Realms, in terms of nobility, no one can surpass the three remaining ancient supreme gods and the precious but weak little god in the Qing Chi Palace. However, when it comes to the majesty of an Emperor, aside from the Heavenly Emperor, no one in the Three Realms can match the magnificence of the person before their eyes.

The Demon Emperor has been in seclusion for a thousand years, no longer concerned with worldly affairs. It's unexpected that now, due to a past entanglement, he reappear before everyone. People silently glanced at Feng Ran, who was hovering in the air, and sighed inwardly. When the Third Prince died tragically at the hands of Feng Ran back then, it was acceptable for Feng Ran to remain hidden in the Qing Chi Palace. But this time, she dared to intrude alone into the Third Heaven, severely injuring the Second Prince. It's feared that she won't be able to leave unscathed this time!

The Demon Emperor's cultivation has long surpassed the pinnacle of demon lords, shrouded in deep mystery. Aside from those three supreme gods, there is simply no one in the Three Realms who can rival him.

"Not at all a remiss welcome," Feng Ran responded calmly. "However, I never expected such an insignificant figure is in the esteemed Demon Emperor's lineage." She retracted the phoenix mark behind her and descended slowly to the ground where the battle had taken place moments ago. With a slight lift of her hand towards the Demon Emperor, her gaze suddenly shifted towards the small fox cradled in Sen Yu's arms. Her phoenix-like eyes narrowed slightly, her expression cold and disdainful.

The crowd was momentarily stunned. Feng Ran's words were indeed accurate. Thousands of years ago, Sen Yu had promised to marry this little fox named Qing Li into his family. In that sense, she could indeed be considered a member of the Demon Emperor's household. However, no one expected Feng Ran to dare provoke the Demon Emperor under such circumstances. For a moment, everyone's gaze upon her was filled with astonishment.

Indeed, Feng Ran, the esteemed Lord Feng Ran, lives up to her reputation for being bold and unyielding!

The Demon Emperor's eyes darkened as he looked at the trembling Qing Li in Sen Yu's arms. He furrowed his brow slightly and said coldly, "Qing Li, for launching a sneak attack from behind, you are indeed at fault. You will be confined to the Forbidden Hall for a month as punishment."

Sen Yu felt the small fox in his arms shiver violently. Suppressing his own embarrassment, he hastily interjected, "Father, Qing Li did it because..." He halted mid-sentence under the increasingly icy gaze of the Demon Emperor. He knew that if he continued speaking, the punishment awaiting Qing Li would only become more severe.