8

~Chapter 8~

With a dark face, Feng Ran looked at Hou Chi, who was standing on the open ground shaking her thin arms and legs and constantly sarcastic. She hummed without saying anything. After all, she became a little curious about the person who came, and then looked forward with wide eyes. 

Outside the waist-high weeds, the Immortal Lord in green clothes stood tall. He obviously saw the two people standing in the fence. He was obviously stunned for a moment. He walked over quickly and saw the two people inside. There was something in his eyes. He was both surprised and aware, and said coldly: "I wonder who is the person that enter this Lookout Mountain. It turns out to be Lady Feng Ran..."

The warm and low voice made Hou Chi pause, and the cold air in her mouth disappeared a bit. She raised her eyes to look at the young man outside the stone house, narrowed her eyes, and couldn't help but admired this immortal lord's temperament. With a strong celestial energy all over his body, deep outlines, and a mysterious and distant aura in his dark golden eyes. In terms of appearance and demeanor, he is not even inferior to Jing Jian, the son of the Heavenly Emperor.

Staring into those dark golden eyes, Hou Chi felt a strangely familiar feeling suddenly arise in her heart. She might have seen this person before, but it was obvious... that she had never left Qing Chi Palace for tens of thousands of years.

Feng Ran was also surprised by the appearance and demeanor of the person who came here. When she saw that the person revealed her identity, she frowned and said, "How do you know..."

"It is said in the three realms that Lady Feng Ran and Goddess Hou Chi have left the Qing Chi Palace. The spiritual energy in the mountain is so rich and formations are everywhere that no one else can get in."

"You are a person who likes to praise yourself in disguise." Apparently very satisfied with these cold words, Feng Ran squinted her eyes and smiled, gave Hou Chi a proud look, and cupped her hands towards the visitor: "Your immortal power is not inferior to me, I wonder who you are..." It would be a pity if this person was a member of Heavenly Palace.

"Qing Mu."

Feng Ran was stunned when she heard this, with a bit of surprise in her eyes. Unexpectedly, the most famous figure in the Three Realms in the past thousand years would actually look like this. The rumors are indeed true.

Lord Qing Mu is the only Lord who has successfully overcome the tribulation in the past few thousand years. No one knows his origin. It is only said that the day after his name was stamped with Skyreach Pillar, he walked alone in the North Sea and killed all the ten-thousand-year-old hydra monster that has been at the end of the North Sea. This thing lives in groups and is cruel by nature. Even the Dragon King of the North Sea doesn't dare to invade its lair easily, but he doesn't want such a cruel thing to be lost to him alone. When the news came, the three realms were shocked.

It is precisely because of this the Heavenly Emperor's recruitment edict did not reach the hands of Qing Mu. There has been an unwritten rule since the beginning of the Three Realms in the post-ancient era. Generally, the Heavenly Emperor cannot interfere too much with the Immortal Lord who has the peak strength of the Lord. 

This is also the reason why Feng Ran dared to walk out openly and cause trouble for Zi Yuan even when God Gu Jun disappeared. When she first entered the position of Lord, she was ordered to be killed by the Heavenly Emperor. Now unless the Heavenly Emperor takes action himself, there are very few people in the Three Realms who can take her life.

But Qing Mu already had the peak strength of the Lord when his name was printed on Skyreach Pillar. This made Qing Mu become an outlier in the Three Realms from the beginning, with a transcendent status. In terms of danger and mystery, he is far superior to Feng Ran back then. Even demon dragon, who dared to go to Qing Chi Palace to provoke him thousands of years ago, is probably not as far away as him.