Recital Rebellion

"Come on! Let's go!" Abby yelled. I walked in and stood in my regular spot. This time Asia stood to the right of me and I gave her a small smile, which she returned.

"This is a busy week. We have lots to do. Let's go." Abby ushered.

"Let's get to the pyramid. I want to get through it quickly. We have a very, very busy week ahead of us. We were the overall high-score winning group. Give yourselves a round of applause." Aby instructed. The moms and the elite team all did as told.

"Now... Paige. You knew that was coming, right? Why?" Abby asked.

"Because when everybody was in the air, I was on the floor already." Paige responded.

"Just like Maddie's costume fell off?" Kelly questioned.

"Did you forget a part of your dance?" Abby asked Maddie. Kenzie and I both turned our heads to look at Maddie. She shook her head no.

"No. So it was the costume falling off, right? Paige, do you want to be here? Because your Mother is still making excuses for you." Abby said.

"No I'm not. You made that excuse for Maddie, so I was making it for Paige." Kelly responded. I started bouncing on the balls of my feet, getting bored of this constant arguing. Ever since Dance Moms kept producing, nobody seems to be getting along. Well, except for us, the dancers.

"Paige screwed up the whole group number. In front of a live audience." Abby said.

"And we won." Kelly responded.

"Maddie, just drop and do twenty push ups. Kelly will feel better. Go ahead. You're punished." Abby instructed. Maddie awkwardly smiled before dropping to the ground.

"It has nothing to do with Maddie. I'm talking about you." Kelly said. Maddie was getting in the push up stance.

"Go." Abby said.

"Maddie, please don't." Kelly said.

"Keep going. Go, Maddie. Give me twenty. The costume was your fault. You should have known it was loose backstage. You should have had somebody pin it." Abby continued. While Maddie was doing her pushups, she recovered Paige's photo. Then she took it off again.

"All right, Paige, you're on the bottom of the pyramid because you were perfect. Moving on. Brooke, you're next, because you were next to perfect. Next, Melody. You didn't dance last week, so you should be up and ready for this week, understand?" Abby asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

"And now we have... Kendall. I saw an opening turn that wasn't flawless. The rest of the dance, you were great. And next... I have Nia. You never roll your eyes, you're never upset. Your mother never has to say anything about the solos. That's good, but I want more. I want you to come out and be a star. And next, Asia. Asia, you were not here last week to perform, because you were rehearsing for a charity event." Abby explained.

"Yes." Asia nodded.

"I think it's wonderful for you to do charity events. However, charity begins at home, and this is now your home." Abby said.

"Really, Asia shouldn't be higher than any of the kids who performed in the group dance. Why should she get a spot above all these kids who were here over the break every day that they could be, and performed for you? And, Melissa, no offense, but Melody should not be higher than Brooke and Paige, whenever she also did not perform last weekend, either. That-that makes no sense." Jill ranted. I sighed in response.

*Interview*

"All this arguing is starting to get so annoying! Besides, the pyramid has always been weirdly ranked, so I think Jill is upset that Asia is higher than Kendall being on the pyramid." I shrugged towards the camera.