Cathy Brings It On

Little bit of a storytime. I've heard the producers talk and apparently this episode is coming out before Nationals. It kinda makes sense because why would we go to a competition after our big Nationals win? Simple answer: these past few weeks we've been on the road and the competitions have all been National competitions, but last week was the main one. Mommy is still on vacation with Kurt and I think that wraps up everything! Here we are in sunny Los Angeles, California. We get out of our minivan and walk into our studio for the week. Abby blows a whistle and we walk into the room.

"Let's go! Come on! No time to waste. Ladies, here we are in Los Angeles, California for the iHollywood National Finals. You are in the city of dreams. There are going to be children that you recognize. The kids that are on movies, television, these kids here in Los Angeles audition on a weekly basis. They are 'pros.' Maddie, your mom's not here again. We all make choices. She chose to be away instead of being here with you. So the three of you are going to be with me this week, and you may get to do things that everybody else doesn't get to do." Abby explained.

"I'm gonna move on to our lovely pyramid and the bottom row. And I have... Paige and Brooke. You will not be doing solos. You will be in the group number. Now, I've had it out with your mom. She has told me that she can find better choreographers– I'm sure she can. This is Los Angeles; this isn't Pittsburgh. But please understand if you go as an independent, you're out, you're finished. Melody. You are getting older, your movements are getting stronger, not much to critic on, but keep up the work. Mackenzie. Same goes for you, at your age you should be able to do everything six year old Maddie could do, and even more. Nia, Mackenzie, duet. So, Chloe, you're going to be doing a solo as well as the group routine. And no surprise Maddie. You were the National Title winner, congratulations. You're going to be doing a solo this week. Now, remember, you are undefeated. People are out to get you. You're the one to beat." Abby said, finishing the pyramid.

Maddie

Chloe Nia

Mackenzie Melody Brooke Paige

"Does everybody understand how big of an opportunity this is? Those judges at iHollywood are going to be people that are in a capacity to hire you. They are the people that choreograph for television and for film. So it's very important that you step on stage like pros. Do you understand? All right, let's go." Abby finished. The older girls started working on the group routine while Kenzie and I worked on some stretching and tumbling moves. I was able to successful do three back handsprings in a row! In the middle of rehearsal, Abby called everyone back.

"All right, come on, girls, gather round. Girls, I have a big surprise for you. I have a visitor coming to see us, and she knows everything about working that stage. Let's all welcome... Laquifa!" Abby revealed. Everyone started cheering and going insane as Shangela walked in the room. It was quite the entrance because she started performing to 'Laquifa.' She dropped to the floor and that made the cheering even louder.

"Well, hi, everyone, my name is Shangela. Today Miss Abby invited me in here to tell you guys a little bit about performance art, about being sickening, and about really working it when you're out there, right?" Shangela said.

"Maybe I can teach you guys the death drop." Shangela suggested.

"Yeah!" The seven of us chorused.

"The death drop really is safe. You're not falling on your back. But okay, so here we go. 'My pumps da-da-da-na-na, my pumps.' Just like that, and that's the move." Shangela demonstrated, landing on the floor.

"So, Nia, on the ending, we're going to put that trick in there, okay, and let me tell you something. The crowd is going to go wild. Do the hip, hip, hip, and then wipe. And then death drop– pow. Yes! Now, instead of falling just here first and then laying, try just releasing, going straight back. Okay? They're gonna say 'Oh my lord, what did she do?' You feel good? You're ready– I know you're ready." Shangela said, giving Nia a high-five. Nia practiced a few more times with the move with Shangela, but then she had to leave. Afterwards, Abby walked out during the middle of rehearsal because of a phone call. Then she pulled Gianna out of the room as well.