Chapter Five (Saera)

CHAPTER FIVE

Saera

One Month Later

Standing on the balcony outside my chambers was one of my favorite things to do. This was never supposed to be my room but when my parents married they automatically got the Lord's Chambers. This used to be my father's room when he was growing up and I must say it's the best room in the entire castle. From the balcony alone you can see the entire courtyard and the front gate for when anyone comes.

And the training yard is right before the balcony. If I throw something it'll hit a target- and I'm not talking about the training targets. My target? My brother Jacerys. He's doing some sword training right now and Gods... He's awful.

He's been at it all day. Grunting and grumbling. Messing up every move he's attempted. Uncle Jon gave up hours ago and called over Uncle Theon who actually just threw his hands into the air shouted "I'm done! It's impossible!" and tossed the practice sword onto the ground. Jacerys stood there with his arms at his sides and I realized he was vulnerable.

This morning I had snuck down into the kitchens and asked them for some eggs. They had no idea why the Princess would want raw eggs but they gave them to me anyways. I put them in my pockets and snuck them up into my room. Jace hasn't noticed me up here yet and one thing is for certain my aim is far better than his will ever be.

I reached into my pocket and felt around for the biggest egg. It filled the palm of my hand as I held it. Stroking my thumb gently over the shell as I grinned and watched my brother who had his back turned to me.

Perfect.

Exhaling a deep breath and keeping my eyes on his back I nodded to myself as I spoke aloud, "Just throw it. You got this Saera-Rose. You. Got. This." I wound up my arm and chucked the egg but before it could hit Jace's back a figure stepped in the way and my stomach fell to the floor.

No! No- No fucking way! I'm in the deepest of shit! I crouched down as I heard the egg shatter and smack. A loud grunt from down below followed by a very, very loud shout.

"What the fuck just hit me in the head?" My father's voice bellowed and I stayed crouched down. Knees to my chest as rocking as I bit my nails. Sitting up to even peek is not an option. If even my hair blows over the edge of this balcony I am dead as the bull my father killed from the pasture this morning for the arrival of my grandparents.

I heard my mother's voice next. "Robb! What is that-"

"It's a fucking egg!" He growled. "Did you do this? Did you throw this at me?"

My mother laughed in his face. A full fledge laugh. I could feel the heat radiating from his body. I know he's ready to snap. His face is probably red as the Lannister banners that hang in our dining hall. Mother scoffed with her laughter and said, "Robert Brandon-" Her favorite thing to do when she's unbelievably mad with him is call him by his full name. Which he hates more than he hates me. He prefers Robb, and yes- the added "B" is because his middle name is Brandon.

"Alana Joanna," He grit. Whenever she calls him Robert Brandon he retaliates instantly by calling her by her full name.

"On what planet would I throw an egg at you? If I wanted to throw something at you I wouldn't do it with your back turned. Plus, I don't think I could get your temple from down here. Someone had to have been on the roof?" She insisted it wasn't her and I hoped he wouldn't come up these stone steps and come to my room. He'd realize it's the perfect-