First Day

Rose eyes blink open as she awoken from the bright sun seeping in through the curtains.

Rose groans stretches before looking over at the bed next to her and sees Hermione sitting criss crossed on her bed, already in her school uniform and her class bag sitting next to her as she reads a book thats resting on her knees.

"You're already up?" Rose asks in her morning voice propping herself up on her elbows and reaching over to her phone that is on her nightstand and checks the time. "It's not even 7:30."

"We'll I decided to wake up early to read some books for defence against the dark arts, and we need to get down to breakfast by 8:00 since it ends at 8:50, s you better start getting ready, don't want to be late." Hermione replies with a soft smile as she stares at the sleepy girl in front of her.

Rose nods and gets out of bed, stretching her arms over her head and grabbing her uniform off the nightstand next to her bed.

Rose walks into the bathroom, takes a quick warm shower to wake herself up. Once she gets out she blowdrys her hair, brushes her teeth, washes her face, puts on her uniform, and puts on some mascara and chapstick.

Rose exits the bathroom and smiles at Hermione, she walks over to her trunk and grabs her school bag that she has packed in there along with the stuff she hasn't unpacked yet.

Rose looks at the top bunk thats above her bed and than the one above Hermione's, noticing that Olivia and Maya are still asleep . "Should we wake them?" Rose asks as she looks over at hermione, earning a nod from the girl.

Rose steps on the ladder that's connected to Olivia's bed that's above her own and shakes Olivia. "Wake up, breakfast is in ten."

Olivia slowly wakes up and rubs her eyes as she yawns. She looks at Rose and smiles. "Okay, thanks for reminding me." Olivia replies as she sits up.

Rose smiles back and jumps down from the ladder. "Anytime," Rose looks over at Hermione. "Come on Hermione, let's make our way down to the great hall before it gets crowded by kids and all the good food is gone."

Hermione nods as she finishes waking up Maya,she slings her school bag over her shoulder and makes her way out of the dorm with Rose.

Rose and Hermione make their way down to breakfast, chatting about classes and things about themselves to get to know each other more. 

Once they get to the great hall and to the Gryffindor table they fill up their plates with food, eggs, bacon, toast, fruit.

As Rose is eating her eggs she looks over at Hermione who's reading the same book she was this morning while she eats a piece of toast.

Rose leans against Hermione's shoulder and reads the page that she's reading while taking a sip of orange juice. "You're seriously reading at breakfast?" Rose asks Hermione quietly since shes right next to her ear.

"Yeah, I need to make sure I'm focused today for classes, you should too. I have another copy of the book in my bag." Hermione replies as she pulls out the same book out of her school bag and lays it on Rose lap.

Rose takes the book and opesn it, scanning through the pages. "Is interesting?" Rose asks as she scans through it.

"To me, yeah. Just try reading it and see if you like it." Hermione replies as she takes another bite of toast.

Rose nods and starts reading the first couple chapters while finishing her breakfast, along with Hermione.

                                          ✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚         

                                            To be continued to the next chapter...