Train Ride

The day had finally come, the day Rose would only see her mother on holidays and not get to hug her for the months she's at Hogwarts.

Amelia and Rose stand at platform 9 3/4, Amelia is hugging Rose and peppering her face in kisses. Rose smiles a bit but tries pushing her mother away. "Mom, mom, I need to go."

Amelia pulls away and ruffles Rose hair. "Good luck dear, and remember you can call me whenever you need. I love you and I'll miss you."

Rose smiles. "Okay mom, I love you too. Bye!" Rose replies as she gives her mother one final hug and than boards the train, her mother waving bye.

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

Rose sits in an empty comparetment, looking out the window as she waits for the train to move. 

A boy with round glasses and brown hair enters the comparetment. "Do you mind if I sit here?" The boy ask while pointing at the seat across from her.

Rose  looks at him. "Not at all." The boy takes his seat across from her. "Im Rose Holloway, you are?" She asks with a eyebrow raised as she gets a closer look at him.

The boy sticks his hand out. "Harry, Harry Potter, nice to meet-'' He gets cut off by Rose.

"You're Harry Potter?! It's a pleasure to meet you." Rose shakes his hand.

Afte a while of Rose and Harry talking and getting to know each other, a boy with ginger hair, freckles, and blue eyes enters the compartment.

"Excuse me. Do you mind? Everywhere else is full." The ginger haired boy said with an apologetic smile.

"Not at all, you can sit next to me." Harry replies with a soft smile as the boy sits next to him.

"I'm Ron, by the way, Ron Weasley.'' The ginger haired boy introduced himself and held out his hand to shake both Rose and Harry's hand.

"I'm Harry Potter and she's Rose Holloway." Harry replies to the boy as both Harry and Rose shake his hand.

Ron looks at Harry with a mixture of excitement and shock. "So-so it's true? I mean, do you reqally have the-the-"

Harry looks at the boy with confusion. "The what?" Ron leans in closer and whispers. "The scar." Harry smiles and lifts his messy bangs that were covering his forehead, revealing his scar. "Oh, yeah." Harry replies while lifting his hair up.

Rose leans back in excitment and disbelif. "Wicked." Harry chuckles and Ron looks at Rose. "And you, you're Scott Holloway's daughter, he's one of the most well known people who work for the Minister of Magic, is it true that people think you and Harry could work together?" 

Ron's sentence made Rose eyebrows furrow. "I don't know about that last part but yeah, I'm his daughter."

The woman that is pushing the trolly stops at their comparetment. "Anything off the trolly dears?" The sweet old woman asks with a polite, soft smile. 

Ron looks at her and replies. "No thanks, I'm all set." He says while holding up a bag with soem sort of food stuffed in it and a polite smile.

Harry and Rose look at him, Rose looking at the bag with her eyebrows furrowed by Harry looks back at the lady and puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out his gallons. "We'll take the lot." Harry announces before handing the lady the money for the lot. 

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

They all start digging into the candy and while Harry and Ron talk and the jelly beans Rose looks at the compartment door and notices the bushy haired girl, Hermione, going into compartments and talking to the people in them.

Rose looks back at the boys as they start talking about chocolate frogs. She peeks over Harry's shoulder to see what card he got out of the chocolate frog, seeing he got Dumbleodre she leans back and start engaging in the conversation as well.

Ron looks down at his rat who has its head in the box of jellybeans. "This is scabbers, by the way, pathetic isn't he?" 

Harry and Rose looks at Ron's rat and than back at Ron. "Just a little bit." They say simultaneously.

"Fred gave me a spell to turn him yellow, want to see?" Rose and Harry nod with a smile "Yeah." Harry replies excidetly and Ron continues but clears his thrat first and picks up hi wand, pointing it at scabbers. "Sunshine-'' 

He gets cut off by the same bushy haired girl Rose had seen at diagon Alley enters their compartment and looks at the floor before sighing. "Has anyone seen toad?" The girl says in her soft voice. "A boy named Neville's lost one." She continues.

Ron shakes his head. "No." He replies in confusion. Hermione looks at Rose and smiles.

"Hi Rose, nice to see you again." Hermione says happily and Rose smiles. "Hi Hermione.'' Rose replies with a faint blush on her cheeks. 

Hermione looks back at Ron and notices he's holding his wand. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then." She says as she looks at him expectantly. 

Ron clears his throat and continues. "Sunshine, daises, butter, mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He points his wand at scabbers and scabbers sqeaks and stops eating the jelly beans. Ron and Harry look at each other and Harry shrugs.

Hermione raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's a real spell." She smiles and giggles a bit. "Well, it's not very good, is it?" Ron and Harry look at each other while Rose looks at Hermione, waiting for her to continue. "Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself, but they've all worked for me." 

She looks inside her robe and grabs her wand before sitting next to Rose, across from Harry and raises her wand up to Harry's glasses. "For example, Oculus Reparo." The piece of tape that was holding Harry's glasses together flew off ans Harry's glasses looked brand new.

Harry takes his glasses off and looks at them in shock while Hermione talks. "That's better, isn't it?" Ron and Harry both look at each other in shock and thats when Hermione notices his scar. "Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger." She looks at Ron. "And you are?" She asks with her brows furrowed.

"Um, Ron Weasley." Ron replies with his mouth full of food and Rose kicks his shin, causing him to wince and shoot her a glare. 

Hermione smiles at Rose before looking back at Ron in disgust. "Pleasure." She replies before looking back at Harry. "You three better change into your robes, I expect we'll be arriving soon." 

She smiles at Rose one more time before getting up to leave but stops at the door and looks at Ron. "You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know?" Points at her nose, where the dirt is on Rons own nose. "Just there."

Ron looks at her, a candy hanging out of his mouth as he rubs the dirt off his nose. Hermione than smiles at Rose again. "See you at school, Rose." Rose smiles back. "See you at school" Rose replies before Hermione walks away.