Arrival

When the train stops and they arrive to Hogwarts a big man with bushy hair, who introduced himself as Hagrid, leads them to the black lake where boats sit in the lake, right next to the docks.

Rose runs into Hermione and they smile at each other and walk to a boat together, Harry and Ron walking behind them.

They all sit in a boat together, Rose and Hermione sitting in the front while Harry and Ron sit behind them, they look in amazement as the boat flows through the lake to the big and beautiful castle.

"It's so beautiful." Rose says in a astonished tone with an amazed expression on her face.

Hermione has the same amazed expression on her face as she admires the castle and the the lake that the lights and catsle are reflecting on. "It is." Hermione replies as she looks at Rose, who's already looking at her.

Ron and Harry look at them and Ron raises his eyebrows and Harry furrows his brows as they watch Hermione and Rose hold eye contact for a few seconds and than look away and back at the castle as the boats start stopping by the docks in front of the castle.

Rose gets out of the boat first, when Hermione goes to get out she stumbles and Rose catches her before she falls back into the boat or into the water.

One of Rose's arms are wrapped around Hermione's waist to hold her up and her other hand is holding Hermione's hand. "You okay?" Rose asks with a concerned expression that replaced the amazed one.

Hermione nods with a flushed face. ''Yeah, thanks for catching me." Rose nods and lets go of her as she, Hermione, Harry, and Ron start walking towards the castle with the other first years.

When they get inside the castle they go up a staircase and stand in front of the big doors that lead to the great hall, where a tall older Woman stood, she has a black pointed witch hate that held her hair and she wore a dark green robe with a black shirt and pants under. 

Rose and Hermione stand next to each other, a little behind Harry and Ron, their hands interwined with one another so they don't lose each other in the big crowd of first years rushing to get a closer spot to the doors that led to the Great Hall.

The tall lady standing in front of the first years clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention and than continued. "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Huffelpuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin."

A first year that was leaning agaisnt the railing of the staircase caught Rose attention because of his bright, bleached blonde hair thast shinned in the light when he looked back at two of his friends who were standing behind him and nods at them when the 2oman mentions "Slytherin".

Rose looks back at the Woman as she continues. "Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year the house with the most points is awarded the house cup-"

The woman is interrupted by a boy, who Rose assumed was the boy Hermione was helping find his toad. "Trevor!" The boy exclaims as he rushes out of the crowd and to the toad that was sitting at the top of the staircase.

The boy kneels down and picks up his toad, he looks up at the woman who looks down at him with raised eyebrows.

Rose snickers quietly and Hermioen nudges her in the side lightly, signalling to her to stop, while Hermione herself was holding back a giggle.

The boy stands up and says, "Sorry." Before turning around and walking back into the crowd of first years.

The woman continues as she watches the boy walk back into the crowd. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She finishes her last statement and tursn around, going itno the great hall and leaving the first years there.

The same bleached blonde boy Rose had noticed earlier speaks up as hes still in the same position as he was before. "So it's true then, what they're saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He says with a small smirk.

Everyone gasps and start whispering to one another but the only whisper Rose hears clearly is Neville gasping ina  whisper, "Harry Potter."

The blonde boy continues. "This is Crabbe." He points his head over the a chubby boy next to him. "And Goyle." He points his head over to a slightly taller but also slightly chubby boy standing a few inches behind him. "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

Rose immediately reconizes the name and face. Her and Draco used to be best friends when they were younger because of their fathers, that was until she had stopped seeing the Malfoy family as much, but she never brought it up.

Ron snickers and it catches Draco's attention, he snaps his head towards him and glares at him. "Think my names funny, do you? No need to ask yours, red hair a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." 

He turns his head back at Harry who's glaring up at him. "You'll soon find out that some Wizarding familes are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there." He holds out his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry looks down at his hand and than back up at his face. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

Draco's face hardened with a glare and he glanced behind Harry and his eyes landed on Rose. "Well, well, looks like Rose Holloway is also here, I haven't seen you in a while, Rosie." He calls her by her nickname he gave her when they were younger, since it sort of, fit.

Harry and Ron turn around to look at Rose, as Hermioen looks beside her at Rose, all three of their faces have a confused expression plastered on them.

Rose looks at the three before looking up at Draco. "Yeah, it has." She replies in a agreeing tone.

Draco smirks and offers his hand towards her to take, she places her hand in his and he kisses her knuckles lightly, causing Rose to hold back a digusted expression and a gag. 

She forces a smile as he continuesto speak. "How about you show Potter here that we are the right sort to be friends with."

Rose looks at Harry before looking back at Draco. Hermione squezzes Rose's other hand that she had been holding since they climbed up the staircase. Rose looks at her and nods and than looks back at Draco who raises an eyebrow, she pulls her hand away and takes a step back behind Harry and Ron.

Dracos smirk falls and he glares at her. He was about to speak when McGonagall comes up behind him and taps his shoulder with a roll of parchemnt. He looks over his shoulder at her before looking back at Harry and Rose with a glare and going back to his original place. 

McGongall looks up at the first years ad makes sure they're all paying attention before continuing. "We're ready for you now, follow me." She turns around and starts leading the first years into the Great Hall.