The Sorting

McGongall looks up at the first years ad makes sure they're all paying attention before continuing. "We're ready for you now, follow me." She turns around and starts leading the first years into the Great Hall.

The big great hall doors open and everyone follows McGongall to the front of the Great hall, Rose satnds next to Hermione and they look up at the ceiling. 

Hermione leans over to Rose and whispers to her. "That's not really the ceiling, it's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in 'Hogwart's history.'" Rose looks over at Hermione and smiles in response.

The group of first years make it up to the podium and all crowd in front of a stoll that has a old looking hat sitting on it.

McGonagall stands on the second step to the podium and points the rolled up piece of parchment in her hand in front of the podium. "Wait along here, please." She says as all the first years look around in amazment.

"Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She says as Dumbledore rises up from his seat.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce." Dumbledore starts and takes a pause as his eyes scan over the first years. "The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to evrryone who does not wish to die a most painful death, thank you." 

All the first years look at each other with furrowed eyebrows and Rose and Hermione look at each other with a scared expression on their faces. 

McGonagall opens the rolled up piece of parchemnt. "Now when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head." She lifts up the hat. "And you will be sorted into your houses." She looks back down at the peice of parchment that is in her right hand as she holds the sorting hate in her left. "Hermione Granger."

Hermione's breath hitches and Rose squezzes her hand reassuringly and smiles at her softly. Hermione smiles back nervously. Hermione takes a deep breath and walks up to the podium. "Oh no, okay, relax." Hermione says to herself.

From next to Rose she hears Ron whisper to Harry. "Mental, that one, I'm telling you." And Harry nods in agreement.

Rose takes her lefthand and slaps the back of Harry's head and than Ron's, causing both the boys to wince, shoot her a glare, and rub their heads after.

Rose watches as Hermione sits on the stoll and take a deep breath, her fingers clutching the side of the stoll as all eyes are on her. 

McGonagall places the hat on top of her head and it starts talking. "Ah, right, okay. Gryffindor!" The old hat says and everyone claps and cheers after, Rose being one of the loudest.

Hermione smiles at Rose and jumps off the stoll, skipping over to the Gryffindor table, Rose eyes following her with a smile on her face.

McGongall looks back down at the piece of parchment. "Draco Malfoy." She states before Draco walks confidently but also a hint of nervousness up to the podium and sits on the stoll. McGongall places the hat on top of his head and not even a second of it being placed on his head, it speaks, "Slytherin!" 

Draco smirks and stands up from the stoll, confidently walking over to the Slyherin table as people cheer, the Slytherin table being the loudest.

"There's not a witch or wizard who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin." Ron whispers to Harry and Rose.

 The statement makes Rose think about her parents, father in slytherin, mother in Gryffindor. She has true hate for her father since the day he walked out on her and her mother just a couple months ago, leaving them for his girl best friend, Ashley, who was also one of Amelia's closes friedns. Asley and Rose's father dated during their third year-fourth year of Hogwarts but stayed close friends after.