thirty-three

𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑...

noah❣️

noah❣️
arabella please i wasn't
thinking right that night

noah❣️
can you please respond

noah❣️
i didn't mean anything i
said

noah❣️
i want to try again

arabella❤️
we can talk about this on the
phone but i don't think it's a
good idea to meet in person

noah❣️ is calling

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

Arabella's reluctantly answered the incoming call from Noah. It had only been a week since he had abruptly 'ended' their relationship.

In the days following Noah's departure, Arabella found herself with a surprising amount of free time. At first, she felt uneasy without him, but as the days passed, she began to realize that there was a certain freedom in being alone. She spent her time reflecting on their relationship, trying to make sense of what had happened and how she felt about it. But without Noah, she felt somewhat... free.

But in that week, Arabella had made her decision.

There was ruffling on the other side of the call before a voice spoke up, "Belle, hey," Noah said. "You finally decided to speak to me."

"Hey," Arabella greeted, her voice soft but laced with a hint of attitude that made it clear she was still hurt. She wasn't ready to let him off the hook so easily. Her fingers clenched around the phone as she braced herself for the conversation.

"How have you been?" Noah asked, his attempt at casual small talk falling flat.

"Great."

Noah huffed in frustration on the other end of the phone. "I feel like you aren't giving me enough energy here," he said, his tone pleading. "I'm really trying to make it work."

Arabella couldn't help but roll her eyes at Noah's words. He didn't seem to be trying to make it work the day he walked away from her on the beach.

"Okay," Arabella deadpanned, her tone flat. "What were you going to say to me?"