Chapter 7

A while later, the OMNI Enforcer HIGHCOM receives word that Victoria Base has been retaken from ZAFT African forces. However, they were surprised that the base was retaken so suddenly, as they were preparing their own forces to retake it due to its importance for the mass driver and supply route. Despite this, they did not receive any communication from the South African Union for some time. In all honesty, they considered abandoning them, but they planned to return with greater numbers and better technological equipment in their military arsenal. They attempted to contact the SAU five times, but received no response. This raised suspicions for OMNI Enforcer HIGHCOM, especially since these members were secretly part of the anti-coordinator extremist group known as Blue Cosmos.

In fact, the Blue Cosmos members within the SAU went silent, never responding to them. To investigate the suspicion surrounding the South African Union, they decided to send both navy and air forces. These forces comprised members from the Atlantic Federation, Eurasian Federation, and Republic of East Asia. However, unbeknownst to the Eurasian Federation and the Republic of East Asia, some members of the Atlantic Federation were actually Blue Cosmos members or sympathizers. Subsequently, they were deployed to investigate the suspicious activities of the SAU and stationed at Victoria Base.

...

Outside of Ngomeni Military base, South African Union (Kenya)

The EA navy fleet arrived outside Ngomeni, where the SAU military base has been established since the Reconstruction War. The navy ships include Des Moines-class cruisers, Arkansas-class cruisers, Jacksonville-class battleship navy battleships, Spengler-class aircraft carriers, and attack submarines.

Inside the Jacksonville-class battleship's bridge room, an Atlantic Federation Lieutenant General named Brent Addaway and Eurasian Rear Admiral named Egon Cossman stood with other commissioned officers behind them. The Rear Admiral used binoculars to look at the Ngomeni Military Base in the distance.

Egon Cossman: I see Ngomeni Military Base. It's been located there since the Reconstruction War. However, I noticed a small navy force of the SAU. It's curious; why are they gathering there?

Brent Addaway snickered.

Brent Addaway: Why bothered? They are part of the EA, and they are stationed there to maintain defense against ZAFT if they foolishly decide to come here.

Egon Cossman: I don't know. It seems like they wish to maintain their independence.

Brent Addaway: You Eurasians are too paranoid to see it.

He put his hand on Eurasian Rear Admiral's shoulder.

Brent Addaway: You should know that they have been siding with us ever since these Coordinators entered the war with their newly developed mobile suits. While they celebrate their victories in each battle, we are busy building our own mobile suits to level the playing field. Furthermore, they have failed to respond to us five times, so we are here to investigate.

This lieutenant general from the Atlantic Federation is a member of Blue Cosmos who secretly uses his military connections to purge all Coordinators from both Earth and space in the name of 'preserving our blue and pure world.'

Brent Addaway: It would be best to send air forces to scout the area, followed by a small group of patrol ships and one Des Moines-class cruiser to dock at that base so our personnel can station there. Once it is deemed safe, we will proceed to inspect why they haven't responded to us. If our suspicions are confirmed, then we must occupy it to prevent the Coordinators from gaining control of the territories.

Egon Cossman: Hmm... Are you sure about that?

He replied in a cautious expression.

Brent Addaway: Yes, I'm sure! Now let's not waste our time and head there now to inspect their suspicion.