chapter 8

We are all on the table having our morning breakfast. All of us are laughing and talking except for Aurther.

“Are you still furious about this arranged marriage Aurther?” his mother asks

“It would be always like that mother”

I smile at her saying “it’s okay he needs some time.”

They agree, yea I know I’m acting like a villain here, so what?

After the breakfast his dad says “I think she can take care of him”

“OfCourse she can” his mother agrees.

“How can you guys do this to me” He’s angry at his parents

They don’t mind him and say their goodbyes handing over to me a gift they bought.

“Now get out of my room” He shouts

I look at him directly into his eyes annoyed “Rebecca”

“understood” Rebecca answers

“I’m going out, take care of everything” I let both know.

I walked out, there my assistant Sam was waiting for me outside the car with the gate opened.

He is my savior, really competent, he always has an ease on his face.

“What’s been going on in the meetings?”

I asked him to give me a brief about everything.

He starts describing every important detail precisely without any loops.

“They will be changing your position in 4 days, you remember it right?” he speaks with concern

“Yea, it’s for the best”

“You will still be seeing matters here right?”

“OfCourse”

AUTHOR POV:
I'll be writing from third POV from now. As I have realised that the first POV makes me less expressive.

The city greeted Elena with its usual cacophony of sounds as she stepped out of her car. The honking of horns, the chatter of passersby, and the distant hum of traffic filled the air, a symphony of urban life that never failed to both exhilarate and exhaust her.

"Let’s do this, Sam," Elena said with a faint smile as she descended the steps, her assistant falling into step beside her. Sam was a constant presence in her life, a loyal ally in the tumultuous world of business and corporate intrigue.

"All right, Elena," Sam replied, his voice tinged with concern. He knew today was not just an ordinary day for his boss. Today marked the beginning of a new chapter in Elena's life, one she had embraced with open arms, but not without its challenges.

As they made their way, Elena's thoughts drifted to the task that lay ahead - a meeting at her father's company, where she had been intimately involved in the day-to-day operations since she was eighteen. But now, with her recent marriage to Arthur, everything was about to change.

Her marriage to Arthur was not one of convenience or obligation but of choice. She had willingly entered into it.

But despite her consent, there were those within her father's company who viewed her union with skepticism, questioning her ability to balance her personal life with her professional responsibilities. But she is a force to be reckoned with in her own right.

As they reached the towering skyscraper that housed her father's company, Elena squared her shoulders and steeled herself for the battle ahead. She may have chosen this marriage, but she refused to let it define her or dictate the course of her life.

"Let's do this, Sam," she said, her voice firm with resolve. With a nod of agreement, Sam fell into step beside her as they entered the building, ready to face whatever challenges awaited them within.

Little did they know, the journey ahead would test not only their strength and determination but also the very essence of who they were. For in the cutthroat world of corporate politics, where alliances were forged and broken with the blink of an eye, Elena and Sam would need every ounce of cunning and courage they possessed to emerge victorious.