chapter -7

I wake up from a knock. Glancing at the clock, it's 5 AM. "Why are people knocking on doors this early?" I wonder. I get up and open the door to find Rebecca standing there. "Rebecca?"

"Mistress I'm sorry to disturb you this early but master's parents will be visiting in the morning" Rebecca speaks with concern.

"And? What's the problem Rebecca?"

"Miss, you guys can't be seen using different rooms!"

"Ohh, now I get it, what should we do?"

"Shift you into the main room"

I sighed

"Okay, shift this luggage first" it's almost packed anyways.

"But....but" Rebecca hesitated.

"Speak Rebecca" I directed

"But master bedroom is locked, and master is not waking up"

She should have knocked on his gate as hard as she knocked on mine.

"Don't worry Rebecca, I'll take care of it. Just go, let me get ready and prepare for their visit" I said

"And master?"

"We will take care of him, don't worry, just go" I assured

"As you say madam" Rebecca bowed and went back.

I closed my eyes in a little irritation and went in to take a bath.

I slip into a simple, flowy pastel yellow dress, pairing it with matching sandals and dainty jewelry, all meticulously chosen for the occasion—meeting his parents. Although this isn't my first encounter with them, they're aware that this ensemble deviates from my usual style.

I hear a knock again

"Come in Rebecca"

"They will arrive in an hour," Rebecca says entering the room.

"His doors are still locked?"

"Yes"

I close my eyes, take a deep breath.

"Let's go to his room then"

Walking out up to his room's door with Rebecca following me.

I softly knocks on his door, no answer, once again with a little more sound, no answers.

This time I knocks it really hard. Screaming

"Aurther open the door! Your parents are here!"

No answers

I was about to knock again. He opened the door, insanely disheveled.

Looking at him like that.... I was star stuck

Unruly dark hair waves, shirt hanging on his body rumpled from sleep, these upper buttons that are unbuttoned, his whole face plumped, his worried expression. He's cute super cute.

"What do you want?" He yelled

"Shift my stuff" I said

"What?" He's confused

I signaled Rebecca to bring luggage

"Your parents will be here in an hour, so we need our stuff in a single room" I clarified.

"Stop playing tricks! My parents and you might have forced me to marry you, but they can't force me to stay with an odious person like you". He said with a vile expression.

"You need to make yourself presentable" I said

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" He repulsed

"I'm just trying to save you from future problems" I try to get my point through his head

"Don't you have anything better to do? Just get lost" he said shutting his door.

Before he could close it, I blocked the door with my hand and body.

"You really wish to hear my name all the time?" I provoked

"What do you mean" he asked

"Just pretend we stayed in the same room, and you won't be forced to stay in the same room all the time by your parents" I explained.

He gave it a thought, looked at me in my eyes, staring like he was questioning me.

"You are such a headache" he said and went to freshen up, releasing the doorknob.

Rebecca took care of my stuff, and I came down to the kitchen to check the preparation.

Everything was ready, the French breakfast. Freshly baked pastries, bread, variety of jams, fresh butter, selected fine cheese, fresh fruits, yogurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, Champagne, coffee. Everything that would be needed.

I guided them with the arrangements and decoration.

The table is ready waiting for people to enjoy.