Danny Worsnop - I Promise

I ran a hand through my dark red hair and pulled it up, tieing it into a high pony tail. I stared at the small sign on the pregnancy test that said what I always dreaded, but secretly wanted more than anything.

"Keygan, you here?" James, my best friend, shouted through my apartment as the front door closed. 

"In the bathroom." I called back.

"Are you sure I can come in?"

"Just get in here!" I shouted, fighting the tears. I was sat on the floor, leaning against the bath, unable to stop staring at the thing that would break my relationship for sure. James opened the door and as soon as I saw the concern on his face I couldn't hold back any longer. I started crying, even more when James sat next to me and pulled me onto his lap, rocking me back and forth.

"Shh, what's wrong? What happened?" I pointed to the pregnancy test on the floor and James gasped, hugging me tighter. "It's going to be okay, I promise."

"But it won't, will it James?" I cried. "Danny won't stay with me now. You know it just as well as I do."

"Don't think like that," James said. "If he hurts you in any way, shape, or form, you know I'll kill him. You've been my best friend for years, I'm here for you."

"Do you know when he's getting back?" I asked, tears still flowing.

"Well, he's been out with Ben and Sam so he should be in soon. I don't think they wanted to stay out very long."

"Great, he'll be absolutely bladdered." I sighed, trying desperately to stop my tears.

"Keygan, it's going to be fine."

"But it won't be, I know it." I started crying even more, throwing my arms around James' neck. "How am I going to tell him?" I didn't have much time to worry about that as a moment later the front door opened and closed, the sound of three drunken men filling my apartment.

"Keygan?" Danny shouted through the apartment.

"We're in here," James said, trying his best to calm me down. "Danny, can you come here a minute? On your own." Danny staggered into the bathroom, a proud smirk on his face. When he saw me he seemed to sober up a little. He knelt down next to and took me from James' lap, sitting me in his own.

"What's wrong babe?" He asked, smoothing my hair. "What happened?" I shook my head and pointed to the pregnancy test on the floor, crying even more.

"Is that..." He sounded breathless, his whole body tense. "Is that a pregnancy test?" I nodded and curled up next to James as Danny went to inspect it.

"You're pregnant?" He asked quietly. I nodded again, finally stifling the tears and sat up. Danny dropped the test and sat on the edge of the bath. I stood up and put my hands on his shoulders, searching his eyes.

"Danny, say something." I whispered. He just stared at me blankly, not responding. "Danny, do you love me?"

Danny frowned before nodding slightly and placed his hands on my waist. He nodded again, speaking this time, "Yes. You know I love you."

"Then why aren't you saying anything?" I demanded.

"Because I don't know what to say!" Danny shouted.

"Anything, just say anything. How are you feeling about this?"

"About becoming a Dad? Not too great, actually." Danny sighed and stood up, leaning against the sink. "I don't think I can do this."

"What?" I asked, hands dropping to my sides. "What do you mean?"

"I can't- I can't stay, Key. I'm sorry, I can't stay." Danny rushed out of the bathroom but I followed him catching his arm just as he entered the living room. Ben and Sam stood up as soon as they saw what was happening.