ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

“Shouldn't we call the cops?” Rory asks while she cleans up Isac's wound.

“They won't come. Knowing Johann is on the loose, they're not gonna risk it.” He said tiredly while watching his girlfriend's focused face.

“But shouldn't they have guns or whatnot to protect themselves. I'm sure they can shoot the jerk first and do the city a favor!” Rory grumbles and grabs the bandage to cover his wound.

“If they could shoot him first, he'd be dead already. A few cops already tried. One of them, I heard, was pushed to a meat shredder. The other was killed with a pen. Their guns were never found.”

Rory shoots him a baffled look before focusing back on wrapping the bandage on his arm.

“It's alright. I don't think he knows I'm here. I lost him thanks to a new victim he found. Although I feel rather horrible about it.”

“I wish I could've stayed and helped.” He lies through his teeth but it feels a lot worse to see Rory's sympathetic face.

“You shouldn't feel guilty. You wouldn't have been able to do anything in this state. But surviving will help that victim get justice once you tell the cops what happened and what you remember about the killer.” She said to him and caressed his left cheek.

“I’m just glad you found me. I guess I chose the right building to climb.” He said playfully and held onto her hand on his cheek while looking at the girl with full admiration.

Rory smiles at him and leans to leave a chaste kiss on his lips.

“Let's get you to rest. Then we'll go to the hospital first thing tomorrow to stitch your wound.” She said before helping him up from the floor.

“You can wait in the bathroom. I'll get you something you can change into.” Rory added and looked over at Isac's bloody clothes.

“Okay.” Isac walks to the bathroom to clean up while Rory goes to her room and calls the front desk to ask for a change of clothes for Isac.

The clothes came after about 10 minutes. As soon as Rory got them, he immediately went to the bathroom.

“Woah!” She muttered, surprising Isac who was in front of the sink and trying to wipe the blood from his skin.

Rory eyed him like a vulture. Making sure to embed in her brain his entire figure.

“W-what?” Isac stammered and flushed seeing the look on Rory's face.

“Here's your clothes.” She said while still staring at the killer's body.

Then she unconsciously lifted her other hand and touched his abs. Making Isac feel more conscious and steps back with a fully shy face.

Rory snickered, tilting her head as she eyed Isac like a full meal ready to be served.

“You better make sure I'm the only one who can see this!” She warns and points at his body. Isac on the other hand nods almost immediately as he tries to grab the clothes from the girl.

But Rory suddenly crossed her arms with the clothes still on his hand. Her eyes are not leaving his body at all.

“How do you have time to work out when you're always in the church all the time!” She said curiously and Isac couldn't help but smile proudly.

He may be at church all the time but he can still join Emil and Adam when they workout. Even Johann sometimes becomes creative and workout using his victims.

“Anyway! You're injured so I shouldn't do anything. Get dressed so you can take some rest.” She suddenly said in a worried tone before she walked out of the bathroom trying to keep her cool.

As soon as Rory got to her room. She locks the door, jumps to the bed and covers her head with the pillow. Then she suddenly screams for about a minute.

Then she stood up and fixed her hair as well as the bed she had messed up. Rory stands up and walks back to the door thinking he might be done getting changed.

“My boyfriend is so fu**ing hot. Of course that was a normal reaction.” She gaslighted herself before opening the door.

She sees Isac also just walks out of the bathroom. Looking around with an innocent pout on her face.

"You should get some sleep.” She said calmly and opened the door widely for him.

“I-I can just sleep on the couch.” He said and Rory immediately shakes her head.

“No. Why sleep there if there's a bed. Get inside before I drag your ass here.” She said and left the door open before she walked back to sit on her king-sized bed.

Isac eventually walks in while fidgeting with his hands. He was worried that if he rested, Johann might take advantage of it and get back in control. Then it'll be the end for Rory.

“I can't sleep after what happened so I'd just stay here with you until you get to sleep.” She said and beckons the space beside her.

Isac only nods and climbs on the empty space of the bed. Lying down anxiously while watching the girl who is also watching him.

“I don't think I can sleep either.” Isac whispered as they both lay down while facing each other.

“Well… how do you feel? You must be the first ever living soul to have escaped Johann.” Rory chuckled and waited to hear from the latter.

“I feel special.” Isac chuckled deeply and looked at Rory's hand that was lying between them.

He lifts his injured hand. Holding hers and intertwining their hands together.

“And quite da*n lucky.” He said and smiled genuinely at the girl. “I didn't think you'd be the person who's gonna save me from death…”

“I didn't think I'd be so scared to see you hurt either…” Rory said, almost whispering as she tightened her hold on Isac's hand.

“For a moment… I felt like my heart stopped when I saw you covered with blood… I thought you were gonna die…”

“I can't die… I still have my mission to convince you to stay…”

“Why? You almost died… Wouldn't it be better to just come with me? You escaped Johann so it will only make sense that he's gonna come looking for you…”

“What if… what if I fall asleep right now. And when I woke up the next day, you'd be dead…”

Isac's heart suddenly began to ache because of her words. He's never heard someone say something like this before. It felt so comforting yet painful to his weary heart.

Is this really worth it?
Must I keep lying just to keep her?

Or would it be better for the both of us if I just set her free…

Not only for her… But maybe for myself and Johann too…

But I have fallen too deep… I don't think I can stay away from her anymore…

“I won't be… I'll be here by your side, I promise…” Isac hummed and gently leaned closer to kiss the back of her hand.

“When the train comes back…” Rory muttered and stared into Isac's eyes deeply.

“Will you run away with me?”

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.