ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

The walk around the town took longer than Isac expected. He was so indulged by the idea of showing his home to a new friend.

Rory and Isac stopped when they reached the old and only elementary school of the town. It's currently summer vacation so there aren't any students around.

"This place looks so worn out. Doesn't your town head plan to do renovation?" Rory said timidly as they walked through the hallway of the fourth graders.

"I don't know. We don't really see much of our town head." Isac muttered with his hands tucked behind his back. Watching the smaller girl on his side.

"Why? Has your town head been eaten by his own office?" Rory laughed a little and briefly looked at Isac with a playful gaze.

She then hopped with excitement and far from Isac. Making her way towards the stairѕ.
Isac's eyes widened remembering something extremely important.

"Rory! Wait!!!" He tried to stop her and caught up with the girl but it was too late.

Rory reached the second floor and her steps came to an abrupt stop after seeing a dead body, lying on the floor of the dirty hallway.

It was an old woman. Probably a teacher of the school who had to take care of some things. And unfortunately met a gruesome death on her way home.

Rory stood frozen on her spot while Isac caught up behind her and was beyond terrified to see the dead body that he of all people know who caused it.

"Stop looking." Isac stood in front of her to cover her view.

His face had a very worried look.

But to Rory...

For her it felt like he was concerned about how this will affect her.

"I-I'm fine." She said despite evident nervousness.

Rory pulls out her phone and walks past the taller male. Dialing 911 in the process.

"Poor lady. Who do you think did this to her?" Rory asked while scanning the dead body.

Her cheeks were puffed and she could see crumpled paper inside her mouth. She has two scissors stabbed deeply on her chest which obviously caused her death. And around her is a chalked border that the killer must've drawn as if he's creating a presentation.

Me, of course.
Isac said at the back of his mind having a vivid memory of Johann laughing while stuffing the woman's mouth with crumpled papers.

"Probably someone with a grudge..." Isac muttered while observing the girl's reaction.

"Yes, hello. My name's Rory. I want to report a crime scene. I uh- I don't know her, we just found her. Uhm..." Rory trailed and looked at Isac. "Tell him where we are..." she said and reached the phone near Isac's mouth.

"We're at the elementary school. Please come quickly." Isac said without removing his gaze from the girl.

Rory continued to explain briefly to the officer before she ended the call. Her face became unreadable as she turned to look at the dead body.

"It's the middle of the day... I never imagined I'll find a dead boy on a good day like this..."

Isac felt his stomach suddenly turn. He didn't expect Rory to find one of his gruesome arts.
Johann must've been extra playful last night and the more he gets hostile, the harder it is for Isac to remember his own traces.

They didn't have much choice but to stay in the premises until the cops arrived. They picked up the body and brought it to the hospital while the two went to the station for questioning.