ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Loud footsteps echoed in the empty and dark road. A man in a plaid coat hurried as he ran away from the killer of the town.

It's already midnight which is the perfect time for the man named Johann to spread his wrath. Although he doesn't go around and kill every midnight, it's always the time that he is spotted and makes his attack.

Many people in town do not stay out late. Even though some establishments are still open, it's merely to keep a full watch of 24 hours and nobody really goes outdoors.

The man in the plain coat reached 4th Ave. and spotted a narrow and dark alley. He hoped to lose Johann in that alley so he took his chance and went for it. At the end of the alley was a cobbler shop. The light is open outside but the shop is obviously closed.

The man quickly knocked on the door trying to wake someone inside, but it seems like nobody was inside in the first place.

His breath hitched when he heard a deep voice singing the song 'Amazing Grace' and coming from the alley he ran through.

The man began panicking. He quickly pulled out his safety pins he had always kept in his pockets for emergencies like this. He picked the lock of the door and as soon as it opened, he went inside and locked the door closed.

Other than the singing voice. The man could hear his own heartbeat ringing in his ear. Thinking he'll fool the killer that he's not in the shop, he also turned off the lights outside and inside the shop.

The man quietly tapped around the shop and was able to grab a big scissor from a table. To use it to defend himself in case the killer finds him.

He slowly and quietly steps back. Even trying to stop breathing as he focused on the singing voice.

It eventually started fading as if Johann was going the other way. It gave the man a relief as he heaved a deep breath and sat on the floor. He drops the scissor on the floor and taps his pockets to search for his cigarette.

But not even a minute went by and he heard a loud shattering of glass mixed with the most manic laugh he had ever heard. The man panicked and stood up abruptly after grabbing the scissor. His eyes glued at the door that Johann managed to open after punching the glass and putting his hand inside to unlock the door from the inside.

The man stared at the silhouette of the tall killer. Standing by the door with not even a single weapon in him that could make him harmless.

Other than his psychotic brain of course.

"D-don't step any closer!" The man warned and pointed the pointy end of the scissor at Johann.

"You gonna stab me with that?" Johann's deep voice sent chills down the man's spine. Despite the dark, he could tell that the latter is smiling as if he's enjoying this.

"S-step back! Get away!!!" The man yelled and tried to attack Johann.

He used the scissor to try and stab the killer but the latter effortlessly dodged. He swiftly grabbed the man's arm and twisted it making him groan in pain and let go of the scissor. Johann caught the scissor and used it to pin his hand on the closest table he found.

The man screamed in pain as he fell kneeling on the floor. Johann on the other hand grabs the pack of cigarettes he drops on the floor and takes a stick. He started tapping on the man's coat until he found his lighter and used it to light the cigarette.

He started smoking the cigarette as he leaned on the table where he pinned the man's hand who is now a whimpering mess.

"P-please. D-don't kill me!" The man begged as he cried in pain.