The Night Of The Full Moon Game

>>Amber

His gaze wouldn't stop traveling down to my body. It was as if he just couldn't keep his gaze away from the allure and as soon as I noticed that, my heart began to act up

"T-the Queen asked me to wear this," I felt self-conscious. I knew what I was getting myself into and I only wore this dress because I secretly wanted to see his reaction. I wanted to see how Hael would react and I'm not disappointed

"Why?" He asked

But I did push myself into this situation where I can't explain it right.

"Apparently, I'm a prize." I replied

"A prize?!?! For what?" He sure was rattled. Seeing me like this must make him feel something

That thought gave me power and that fulfills my purpose but now what? How do I get myself out of this situation?

"For the game tonight." I said softly as I looked into his eyes. His gaze was confused and his pupils were shaking.

I gulped

It was a different sort of elation, knowing that seeing my skin had this kind of an impact on him.

"What game-" He paused as soon as he asked the question. I think he remembered what game. He must know since he used to live here, "Shit, that game," He looked away momentarily as he grimaced. Then looked back at me and grabbed my hand, "You can't go, especially not looking like that,"

"But," I had no protests to give and I said 'but' for no reason at all. I didn't want to go out looking this appealing either.

"No buts!" He dragged me with him, taking me towards my room.

"Hael!" I yanked my hand away, "This was an order from the Queen." I stood in my place and he turned to look at me sternly,

"She's not your Queen." He was clearly angry, but he kept his voice under control,

"It doesn't change the fact that she's the ruler here and we're in her kingdom." It was my desperate attempt to hide my real intentions. But it wasn't like I was lying. Queen Helena did give me this dress and she asked me to wear it as well.

He looked straight into my eyes, "I can't have you going out looking like that." He said, "Do you even know what happens when someone wins that game!"

"Yes, they get to dance with me!" I said, "It's the dance after the game, around the bonfire."

"No," He said, "You have to dance for him!"

My mouth hung open, "What?"

"Yes," He shook his head at me, "Whoever wins the hunt gets to have the prize to themselves, if the prize is a human, they get to have them for the whole night."

Oh...

I pouted

Hmmm. That sure is an important detail no one chose to fill me on.

But wait, this can be an opportunity, "Anyone can participate, how about you play too and win." I folded my arms, "If you're that worried about me going to someone else, you can win." I smirked, "You're the master of the magic tower, it shouldn't be that hard for you, right?"

Why am I even saying this? I should just say yes and take off these clothes. I can give Helena some excuse.

Hael paused, "..." and actually began to think about it, "That's not a bad idea."

!!!

"What?" I was baffled

He grabbed his cloak, took it off his shoulders and draped it over mine, "Let's go," He grabbed my hand and took me out, "I'll win this thing." He looked at me and then passed me a smirk, "I'd love to see what kind of performance you'll give me."