Chapter 4.4

Jungkook knocks shortly on the door and enters without waiting for an answer. Another day had passed and Taehyung was getting stronger.

„I didn't say enter!" Taehyung complains, still looking into a little mirror that was standing on a chest. He closes the hanbok and turns.

„You don't need to cover up for me," Jungkook grins. „I have seen everything."

„You didn't," Taehyung replies and stands up. „What do you want?"

„So prickly, you are getting better by the minute."

„I'm not, I still feel weak. The temple weakens me!" He accuses. „I'm lucky to still be alive. How could you bring me to a temple!"

Jungkook groans, annoyed and rolls his eyes. He had heard this several times now. „That is actually why I am here. I will show you around, so you can see it with your own eyes."

The Demon crosses his arms and pouts. He actually pouts! „I can't go out of the room like this," he says and makes an elaborate swirl with his hand.

„The monks won't care that you are not in a suit, looking all posh and dapper."

„That's not it," Taehyung says irritatedly. „I can't make my wings disappear at the moment. It's not working." And he turns around, presenting them in full glory.

Something catches Jungkook's eyes he hadn't noticed before.

„Wait a second," he says and walks closer.

„Hell no, you are not getting close to my wings," Taehyung hurries to say and turns away from him.

„Don't be childish. Your feathers are not useful like mine, let me see your wings," Jungkook answers and takes a few steps more.

It's suddenly like a childish game, Jungkook trying to see the wings and Taehyung turning away, trying to protect them.

Jungkook stops after two circles around the room.

„Taehyung!" he thunders.

„What is it, Angel?"

„You can say my name, you know. Nothing bad will happen."

„I'm not saying your name."

„Too late, you already said it."

„I didn't!"

„You have, now let me see if your wings are really turning lighter."

It's almost comical how Taehyung's eyes get huge. „What the fuck? My wings don't get lighter!"

Jungkook can feel himself smirk. „They are," he states. „In fact, the tips of your feathers are white, turning gray and two thirds of your wings is black. It actually looks quite nice."

Taehyung raises his eyebrows. „Hell no!"

„Hell yes!" Jungkook replies. „Look for yourself. Let me take a picture of you," he offers and pulls his phone out of his pocket. „From a safe distance."

Taehyung regards him, still looking cranky. „Fine." And he turns.

„Done," Jungkook says after a second and Taehyung hurries close, ripping the phone out of his hands and inspecting the screen. His face looks shocked when he sees the outside of his wings.

„What the fuck is happening?" He asks and looks with devastated eyes at Jungkook. „Why are they turning? What have you done with me?!"

Jungkook takes his phone back. „I didn't do anything," he answers affronted. „Despite bringing you here and waking over you, while you were playing Sleeping Beauty."