A New Beginning

Aug 6th,2022 

Arjun decides to go to college. His parents agree to this even after his panic attack because of what their doctor said. The doctor lives nearby, so he decides to thank him. Arjun freshes up and skips his breakfast as he is getting late. He drops by at the doctor's and thanks him. They chat for a few minutes. Arjun walks towards college.

Arjun was a few steps away from his class. Then he watches Sameer coming out of the class with a dull face. He noticed it and wondered why. He entered the classroom. Everyone was already in their place as the class was going to start soon. Arjun went silently and took his seat. But he senses something is weird. Some boys were peeking at him. Or so he thought. They were trying to look at Riya. Something happened but what? Aditi wishes him and Arjun wishes her back. Then Arjun wishes Raj and Riya. They wish him back. But in a normal tone. They both are always full of joy and energy. Especially Raj. But not now. 

"Did something happen?" - Arjun

"Umm... Yeah something happened" - Aditi 

Just when Arjun was going to ask an old lecturer entered the chat. Ramakrishna sir. He teaches math. Everyone gets up and wishes him. Sir gestures to sit. Sameer comes behind him.

"Here comes the broken boy!" - said someone.

Most of the students laugh at Sameer. Arjun didn't feel it right.

"Broken boy?" - Arjun whispered to Aditi, RIya and Raj.

"Everyone silent and open your books" - Sir

"Let's talk about it in the lunch." - Aditi

Usually, Teenage boys have less patience compared to girls. The same with Arjun. Lunch was after 3 hours which felt like 3 centuries to Arjun. He played with his pen and kept shaking his leg. He couldn't stop imagining things about what happened. And finally, the bell rang. It's lunchtime. Everyone was busy chatting and eating. Raj looked at his phone with a serious face and walked outside of the classroom. Aditi followed him.

"We'll be right back" - Aditi told to Riya.

"Wait, Where are you two going, and what even happened?" - Arjun asked out of curiosity.

"I'll explain everything after I come back" - Aditi

"Or you can just ask Riya about it" - Raj said trying to joke.

Aditi gives him a small punch with her elbow in his stomach.

"Just kidding." - Raj

Raj and Aditi move out. Arjun looks at Riya. He couldn't stop his curiosity.
"What did happen?" - Arjun

"Umm... Nothing much." - Riya

"Really?" - Arjun

"Uhh..
Sameer proposed to me.
In front of the entire class." - Riya

"Ohh" - is all Arjun could bring out of his mouth.
Damn. The guy has guts. Proposing her directly after only a week of seeing her in front of our entire class. That's definitely something. 

"And what did you say?" - Arjun tried to sound casual.

"No obviously." - Riya

"He never even tried to speak to me. He only stalked me. He talked to Aditi about this." - Riya

So this is what Raj and Aditi spoke about. Sameer's first love in college.

Arjun listened to Riya.

"I said no.
He asked me for the reason.
I had many reasons. Just when I was going to say something some boys started making weird sounds and pitied Sameer. I kinda felt bad for him." - Riya

"She is really beautiful and kind." is what Arjun was thinking at that time instead of listening to her properly. 

Just then Aditi and Raj came back. 

"I am sorry I can't come with you today. I and Raj have somewhere else to go. It's an emergency." - Aditi

"Emergency? Is everything alright?" - Riya

"Raj's mom has some health issues. She fell unconscious a few hours ago. Their neighbors texted Raj about this. She's fine now. But we think we should go and take her to the hospital."         - said Aditi.

"Don't worry. She's gonna be alright." - Riya tried to give him some courage.
Arjun did the same. 

"Arjun, Do you have any work after college today?" - Aditi

"No" - Arjun

"Riya wants to go shopping today. We planned some places but now I can't. So can you accompany her?" - Aditi

Arjun looks at Riya. 

"Pleaseeeee" - said Riya with kitty eyes which melted Arjun's heart.

"Ok. Sure" - Arjun

Aditi and Raj left as they took permission. Arjun was left with 3 hours before he could go shopping with the girl who came in his dreams and disturbed him. He couldn't stop thinking about that. 

"Arjun, let's go." - Riya

"wait, the bell rang" - Arjun thought

"Yeah" - Arjun

They chat casually till they reach their first destination.
A fashion clothes store. 
Arjun checks out the clothes around them. Riya quickly goes to the ladies' section, grabs some clothes, and goes to the changing room. She tells Arjun to wait there. 

Arjun looks around. He hears Riya's voice- "How do I look?"

Arjun turns around and looks at her. 

And once again she took his breath away.

 She wore a black kurta and denim jeans.

And that kurta was transparent around her navel. He slowly moves his eyes from her navel. There was a simple design on the chest part of the kurta. Her sleeves were transparent as well.
And that's when he saw straps of you-know-what inside her kurta. He lost control of his thoughts. He thought about what would happen if the chest part was also transparent. 

Ahm Ahm. Someone's becoming naughty.

"Say something" - Riya

"You look really great" - Arjun 

Riya notices someone behind Arjun. It was some of their classmates. Arjun notices it too. But didn't care about it much as they left soon and Riya didn't give it much thought too.

She tried a couple more dresses. She was beautiful in every single one of them. Arjun helped her pick the best ones including the black kurta. Riya purchased them. Then they walked out of the store and towards a bakery. They looked really happy. Riya was happy because of her new clothes and Arjun was happy because he was looking at her. Just then it started to rain. They rushed to the bakery. They were going to sit. Riya's phone rang. Arjun turned around to look at her. He wanted to ask something but forgot after looking at her face. 

Her clothes were a little wet. Some drops were on her face. Her wet hair was falling on her cheeks. Arjun remembers her kurta again. He was looking happy. And right then a thunder sound. Arjun remembers something else. The day he saw Ayesha in a black kurta. The day he kissed her for the first time. The rain. The Thunder. The Black Kurta. It was all the same again. Arjun suddenly feels fear in his heart. Fear about something. But what?

It was the fear of repeating everything thing with Riya. Repeating everything that happened with Ayesha. He was afraid of losing Riya just like Ayesha.

We humans can be really silly sometimes. 

We are afraid of losing someone precious when we know they won't stay long in our lives. 

Arjun knew this too. If he wanted he could stay in contact with Riya even after college. But Is that ok for him? He has to move on. Arjun knows this too. He doesn't want to repeat the same mistake again. His heart can't bear it. Arjun shouldn't think about Ayesha again. And for that, he shouldn't have any special feelings for Riya. He decided to stay as a normal friend only. 

The rain started to slow down.
Arjun looks at his phone and tells Riya that his mom is calling him and he needs to go. 
Riya also decided to go home as it was getting late. Riya moves towards her house. And Arjun towards his house. But this time he stopped for a few seconds. His heart was telling him to look back. But he knows he shouldn't. So he listened to his mind and started walking towards his house. 

This is how his weekend goes. The first time he made a big decision about his love life and proposed Ayesha was a weekend as well. Weekends are supposed to be enjoyed, you idiots. 

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. There are a lot more things in the upcoming chapters. Wait and see.