Good times don't last forever

January 1st, 2022. A new year and a weekend, so a holiday. They wished each other first. Then others. They promised each other that they would spend this year together. More fun. More love. More memories. Then a New Year wish from Lily which quickly reminds Arjun how much he ignored her. His best friend who stayed by his side when there was no one. He was pushing her away unknowingly. Because of his love for Ayesha. Love does make us do things we never wanted to.

Jan 21st,2022. The movie they planned to watch together was released. They planned it on Sunday, 23rd Jan.

Jan 22nd, 2022

"Sweetheart, you there? Did you watch the reviews? They say it's really good." - Arjun

"Yeah. I am so excited." - Ayesha

"Yeah. Me too" - Arjun

But this time there was no reply. Ayesha was standing in front of her parents. The parents were reading her chat with Arjun. They look really serious.

Arjun waited for her reply. He didn't sleep. He was waiting the whole night for her reply. He thought Her parents were there with her. So she can't text him. This happened before. He thought this was normal. He thought she'd be there tomorrow. So he went to the theatre.

Jan 23rd, 2022

He tried to call her. She didn't pick up. He lost the signal suddenly. He came out to get a signal. As soon as he got the signal, Kavya called her.

"Bro, where are you?" - Kavya

"The mall. Why?" - Arjun

"Ok. Just stay calm and listen to me." - Kavya

"I seriously don't have time for this. I need to call Ayesha--" - Arjun

"She won't pick up. She can't." - Kavya

"What? How- How do you know that?" - Arjun

"She just called me. Her parents are changing her school." - Kavya

"What? But why?" - Arjun

"Her parents found out about you two." - Kavya

Clouds start to gather in the sky.

"That's not a proper reason." - Arjun
"I'll talk to them-"

"Bro, No. You don't understand. They are super strict. They won't listen." - Kavya

"But at least I can try--" - Arjun

"Bro, please. You will make more harder for Ayesha." - Kavya

Arjun is panicking a lot.

"I am sorry bro. But you better forget her. It's over between you two." - Kavya

It starts raining. Lightning. Everyone started to run for shelter. It soon started raining. Arjun wasn't moving. Very soon he was drenched in rain but instead of looking for shelter, he just smiled and left for home. People who saw him thought he was an idiot. But little did they know that the rain was hiding his tears.

He smiled. Because it was always this way with him. He meets new people. Become close. Just when he thought they would stay forever with him, they leave. His friends were the same. Except Lily. Later he realised how much he ignored Lily. His family.

He walks home and straight to his room and cries. Then a notification pops up on his mobile. About a video he edited to show Ayesha. For their movie date. He played it. It contained their pictures. Photos they clicked together. The next second he cried more.

After some time his mom barged in. She asked what happened. No matter how much she asked Arjun didn't speak much. He went back to his old self. His Lonely overthinking self. His father noticed all this but didn't say anything. After a month his results came. That wasn't what Arjun expected. They were bad or average. But Arjun expected a very good score. He realized he spent too much time with Ayesha and for Ayesha. He tried to forget Ayesha but he couldn't. Entrance exams weren't far. He tried to focus. But he couldn't.

One day, he got a headache and decided to sleep. When he closed his eyes, He was in front of the mall. In the rain. He looked around. He didn't believe it. And right then, he sees Ayesha in front of him. He's shocked.

"Why?" - Ayesha

Arjun is just staring at her.

"Why did you do this?" -Ayesha

"Wh-- What?" -Arjun tries to speak.

"You destroyed my life, Arjun. Why did you do it?" - Ayesha

Arjun panics. He can't breathe properly.

"I never wanted this to happen, Ayesha. I swear. I loved you. Always. Even now I love you, Ayesha. I wanted to speak to your parents. But it--" - Arjun

Ayesha turns around and starts walking away.

"Ayesha, wait. Plea--" - Arjun tries to move towards her. But his feet slip, he falls on the ground, and water splashes. Then all of a sudden, he is under a deep ocean. He tries to swim. But he's unable to. He feels really heavy. Like something heavy is tied to him which is pulling him downwards. He is going down. It is dark. Arjun can't breathe properly.

"Arjun. Arjun. wake up." Arjun could hear some echoes. He shuts his eyes tight and opens them.

"Arjun. Arjun. Beta. It's ok. It's ok. It's ok." - His dad says.
His mom crying sitting on the other side.

It was a dream. His past he never wanted to remember again. Their family doctor was also there with his parents.

"This happened a few months back too, right?" - Doctor

This happened before. After his breakup. This didn't happen again as he stayed socially inactive for months. But now, again. Arjun could think of only one reason. Riya.

The doctor advised him to go and get some fresh air.
Arjun left the room.
The Doctor spoke with his parents. He told them to make sure Arjun spends more time with his aged kids. Make sure he is socially active. This will help him bring out his feelings. And Arjun was eavesdropping. He was hearing his mother's cries. He went to his terrace and opened his mobile. The date was August 6th. Riya came back from the village 2 days ago and their group chatted about their outing. She might be in college right now. Along with Raj, Aditi, and others. Arjun didn't want to feel left out. He wanted to go to them. He wanted to spend more time with them. And at the same time focus on his studies too. Arjun learned many things from his first love and first breakup.

This is where the actual story begins. Can Arjun overcome his past? Will he fall in love with Riya and confess to her? What about Lily? And his new friends, Raj and Aditi?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be continued after 3 weeks as I have exams coming up.
Good luck to everyone. Stay safe, stay healthy.