Chapter Thirteen

BORN TO DIE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     "I promise you the baby and I are perfectly healthy, Padmé." Tahlia told her friend, the two of them sitting on the sofa together.

Padmé released a sigh. "I apologize if I'm giving you a headache."

"You aren't giving me a headache." Tahlia assured her. "But you are making the baby kick."

The senator's eyes widened in excitement and she placed a hand on Tahlia's stomach, feeling the kick against her hand. Tahlia couldn't stop the smile from growing on her face.

Both looked over when they heard footsteps, Anakin waltzing in. He froze and raised an eyebrow when he saw the two were sitting on the sofa, but what fully caught his attention was Padmé's hand on his wife's stomach.

"The baby is kicking." Tahlia informed her husband.

Anakin dashed over to them, sitting down on the other side of his wife and placing a hand on her stomach. He smiled when he felt a kick.

"Definitely a girl." He said, his hand remaining on her stomach.

Tahlia tilted her head. "You think so? I'm positive it's a boy."

"Do you guys have any names yet?" Padmé suddenly asked them both.

"I actually have been thinking of names for a while now." Tahlia answered. "I have a couple boy names I like, but I think my favorite one is Luke."

"You really think it's a boy?" Anakin asked his wife, who nodded with a wide grin. "Do you have any girl names?"

Tahlia shook her head. "Not really."

"What about Leia?" Padmé suggested, causing them both to look over at her. "I always wanted a daughter and I love the name Leia, but I highly doubt I'll have children. You should name your child Leia, if it's a girl, of course."

"Leia." Thalia repeated the name quietly, looking over at her husband. "I like it. What do you think?"

Anakin smiled. "If you like it, then I like it."

Padmé sighed, rising to her feet. "I better get going or else I'll be late to the meeting. I'll come by later."

Tahlia smiled at her friend as she walked away, leaving the married couple alone. Tahlia looked over at her husband, who was clearly thinking about something.

"What did Obi-Wan say to you when I left earlier?" She asked him, curiosity clear in her gaze.

"The council wants me to spy on the Chancellor." Anakin told her, watching her face drop in confusion.

After a moment, Tahlia shrugged. "Maybe it's a good thing. I don't like that they put you in this situation, but the Chancellor clearly trusts you. He could be hiding something."

"Hiding what?" Anakin replied, a scoff escaping from him. "He's not hiding anything, Tahlia. Chancellor Palpatine is a good man. He's always been there for me when I needed him."

"I just sense something off with him." She murmured quietly, but Anakin heard her clearly.

Anakin scoffed, standing up from the sofa and stepping a few feet away from his wife. Tahlia sensed anger through the Force, and it was obviously coming from him. She frowned and stood up, approaching him. She placed her hand on his bicep, forcing him to turn towards him.