Chapter Two

BORN TO DIE
CHAPTER TWO
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     "Are you sure?" Tahlia asked after Padmé told her she wanted to use herself as bait. "It's kinda dangerous, milady."

"I know." The Naboo senator replied. "I'm going to program R2 to warn us if there's an intruder. No harm will happen."

"What are you talking about?" Anakin questioned as he approached the two, looking at Padmé before his gaze moved to Tahlia.

"She wants to use herself as bait." Tahlia informed him, uncertainty in her voice.

Anakin looked at the senator, shaking his head. "That's too dangerous."

"I'll be fine." Padmé reassured them both. They didn't say anything. Just shared an unsure look. "Now I'm going to bed. I'll program R2."

Tahlia or Anakin didn't say anything as they watched her disappear in the bedroom, shutting the door behind her. Tahlia plopped on the sofa as Anakin stayed standing, his gaze on the closed door. Tahlia's leg anxiously bounced as she waited for any activity to happen.

Obi-Wan walked in the room, removing his robe. "Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin would try that way. Any activity up here?"

Tahlia shook her head.

Obi-Wan frowned in confusion as he looked down at a device. "What's going on?"

"She probably covered the cameras." Tahlia spoke, laying herself down on the sofa. "Probably didn't want Anakin watching her sleep."

"What is she thinking?"

"She programmed R2 to warn us if there is an intruder." Anakin told his master.

"There are many other ways to kill a senator." Obi-Wan replied, a sigh escaping his lips as he folded his arms.

"I know, but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we?"

Obi-Wan was silent as he glanced at his padawan. His gaze moved to Tahlia, who was just staring up at the ceiling.

"You're using her as bait." He said when realization hit him.

"It was her idea." Tahlia quickly said, defending herself and surprisingly Anakin. "No harm will come to her. I can sense everything going on in that room."

"So can I." Anakin added.

"It's too risky." Obi-Wan said, looking back at Padmé's door. He looked back at his padawan. "Besides, your senses aren't that attuned, my young apprentice."

"And yours are?" Anakin shot back. "And Tahlia's?"

"Possibly."

Anakin rolled his eyes at his response. He walked onto the balcony overlooking the city. Tahlia remained laying on the sofa, forcing herself to stay awake so she can catch the assassin.

"You look tired." Obi-Wan said to Anakin.

"I don't sleep well anymore." Anakin admitted, turning his gaze away from the city.