Chapter 8 - I'm back ☾

Y/n's breath was deep but hard, her eyes flickering in different colours as her hands twitched.

It's been eleven years.

Y/n looked at the old, dusted house she was in, her mismatched eyes darting around the area. She stiffened as she heard a knock on the door, immediately turning into an ink blob and rushing to the nearest corner.

Y/n felt like she had been hiding for hours. She came back to her original form and creeped out. Y/n looked outside the bordered windows and saw a piece of paper on the floor next to the old door. She morphed into a blob again, sliding out of the creek in the door and engulfing the paper. As Y/n quickly rushed back inside, she got the piece of paper in her hand and saw a drawing of a building with a rainbow above it which stated, 

'Happy Hotel'

Y/n felt a tug on her, as if she needed to go to this hotel. Y/n, you asshole, it's been eleven years and you were the most powerful overlord, everyone will know if you returned if you showed up to the hotel.

Fuck it, I'm going. 

☆☆☆

You took a deep breath and knocked on the door, it immediately opening to a young girl with blond hair standing there.

"H-" you got cut off by the door slamming on your face, you facepalmed. Of course this wouldn't work. Y/n heard murmuring from inside and the door slowly opened again.

"-I." the door slammed again. What is this? Y/n sighed as the door opened again. 

"Can I speak?" She asked the shorter blond girl. 

"Yeah..!" She looked a little awkward. Y/n, obviously someone is gonna feel disturbed when the most powerful overlord who disappeared for eleven years appears by your door. 

"Uh.. well I heard about this.. Happy hotel thing on a poster and decided to check it out." You shrugged your shoulders as you walked in. 

Without warning, a gray-skinned girl with long hair put a spear up to your neck.

"You can't trick me, I know all of it." She growled. 

You put your finger at the tip of the spear, pushing it down. "Calm down-" 

"Calm down? Your Hell's most powerful overlord, for heavens sake!" The blond girl pushed between them and apologised to Y/n.

"Veggie, this is a place of redemption, we give everyone a chance." She looked at the so-called Vaggie.

"Fine." She mumbled, walking backwards, giving Y/n space.

"Again, sorry about that. I'm Charlie Morningstar-"

"Charlie Morningstar? Like, Lucifer's Daughter?" Your eyes slightly widened.

"Uhh.. yeah!" She seemed a bit shook by the sudden interruption. She took a deep breath, carrying on. "Anyway, welcome to the Happy Hotel! This is Vaggie, my girlfriend," she pointed to the girl who was glaring at me. "And Angel Dust, our first visitor!" She introduced it all in one breath.

"Heya toots~" the white and pink spider known as Angel Dust waved to her from the couch. You slightly waved back, putting an awkward and confused smile on. This just might work..

☆☆☆

"So, uh, what's the problem with inky over there?" Angel Dust asked.

"She's the most powerful overlord in hell, that's what's the problem." Vaggie murmured, crossing her arms.

Angel Dust looked unconvinced as he glanced at Y/n.

"She's literally complaining about colour theory to your precious girlfriend." He pointed an arm at Y/n, who was ranting on about how to properly use green on the colour wheel, or something like that.

"You never heard of the Ink Demon?" Vaggie looked at Angel Dust, bewildered.

"Nah. Why?" He leaned back on the sofa.

"Years and years ago, Y/n was a normal demon in hell, one you wouldn't pay attention to. Suddenly, she began to gain power and rise without a warning and became an overlord. She climbed the ranks quickly, becoming the most powerful. Y/n hated one demon in particular. Alastor — also known as the Radio Demon, who also became an overlord. She had a battle with him and won, supposedly killing him but going missing the same day, went missing for eleven years. Now she's here."

"You done?" Angel Dust yawned as Vaggie groaned.