Chapter Ten: Make Your Changes For Your Ascent

When Zuzu has dialog, she is actually using American Sign Language. I am NOT giving her a speaking collar like the old dog man fanfics (Yknow what Sydney sometimes you make unforgivable mistakes. Maybe thats why your dad, son, and child all died /ref

Date: November 17th, 2023

Time: directly after chapter 7

-

Just as if a giant explosion had just gone off, the aftermath was quiet, almost peaceful. This was not the same feeling for the individuals who were there, however.

Sydney hectically looked around, while  the other two did it more carefully, not wanting to step on any sharp objects in the forgotten warehouse.

It was mostly for Sydney’s sake. None of the 3 had an idea of what had just happened- only that the younger of the group was completely gone. Peter was the least worried of the trio- or he just didn't have a proper way to express his reaction at the moment. Sydney thought that it was the latter, she knew how he acted.

Mascot: I don't understand, what happened to make them just- disappear? What did that machine do??

Sydney: I don't- I don't know! I had just found them, I don't need them lost again!-

Peter watched the two converse with each other and try to look for any explanations. He didn't show it, but he was very scared. He didn't know what was going on, and that made him feel nothing but fear. A kid was gone without a trace, and there was no knowing where they could have even gone. It was times like these that made him feel like a pretty big loser when he didn't know how to help, let alone if he was able to. Too much.

He snapped out of his painful line of thinking and chirped up a response.

Peter: I mean- do we go to the police?

Mascot: Maybe?? I don't know how they would even help them, they just- completely vanished!

Sydney: Who do you even call for situations like this?? How will we find them, how will we know they're okay, oh god- 

Sydney also wasn't doing well. She looked around and tried to breathe calmly. It wasn't working that well, but it was starting to at least accomplish some sort of calm. Sydney tried not to show her panic, she learned the hard way that that would only make things worse.