Dreamer1196

Originially posted in 2014 on Quizilla

Name: Ayame Jukudo

Alias: Airi Narahashi

Life story:

Along with your two siblings, you were raised by your mother, a school teacher, and your father, a prominent business executive. Your siblings eventually went on to pursue careers in medicine and computer-engineering, both well-paying occupations like your father. You, however, were more interested in your mother's line of work. Not teaching in particular, but rather, helping people. Much to your father's disdain, you studied to become a police officer and eventually joined the NPA. The pay wasn't all that great, but to you, it wasn't about the pay.

When criminals began dying of heart attacks, said to be the doing of an entity known only as Kira, you were one of few NPA officers who remained on the case despite the risk it posed. You along with Soichiro Yagami, Touta Matsuda, Hideki Ide, Shuichi Aizawa, Kanzo Mogi, Hirokazu Ukita, and eventually Ryuzaki and Light Yagami, made up the Japanese Task Force.

The killings eventually took a different turn, instead focusing on businesses that were in competition with the Yotsuba Corporation. It wasn't long after that your father died. Your father had never been able to understand you, and there were times you had questioned whether or not he cared for you, but once, when he had told you how you reminded him of your mother, you knew he loved you. That made his death all the more devastating for you.

His death also made you all the more determined to stop Kira, who you had previously questioned, wondering if he truly was justice. Even though you knew the Yotsuba Kira and the first two Kira were not the same, you simply wanted to save anyone from the pain of losing a loved one, even if that loved one was a criminal.

That's merely one of the reasons you have remained with the Task Force throughout the years, even after Ryuzaki died. Even after Chief Yagami died; yet another fatality resulting in hurt and loss, this time to those you cared about. The Yagami family. The Task Force. You. ...Matsuda.

You still remember how much it had hurt him, and how much that had hurt you.

It was a while after Chief Yagami had died. Matsuda was still mourning. You were at the makeshift headquarters that the Task Force was now using for the investigation. Matsuda and you were the only ones there, all the others tending to other business, either personal or related to the case. Noticing Matsuda brooding in one of the office chairs, you sat in a chair adjacent to where he was seated and spoke up.

"I know it hurts... It will be okay, you know."

"How can you say that?" Matsuda snapped, causing you to flinch. "Chief Yagami is gone! Don't you even care?"

You looked away, not wanting Matsuda to see that you were fighting back tears.

"No, I... I'm sorry," Matsuda apologized. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. You were only trying to help. Your father... I know you cared about the chief."

"I'd be lying if I told you that the pain goes away," you told him. He was silent, hands clenched into fists, refusing to look at you.

"I keep wondering if things would be different if I had been there," you admitted. Your mother had fallen ill, and you lived the closest to her. She had needed you, but perhaps Chief Yagami had needed you more. "I keep wondering if, if I could have done something, would the chief still be alive?"

Matsuda's eyes widened, and he turned to look at you. "Don't say that! It wasn't your fault that you couldn't go, and even if you did, there was nothing you could have done."