1998 - Part IV. Heaven is a Place on Earth (Ireland)

"On three my love. Ready?"

Bugbo looked at the luck infused barely in his hands for a few seconds before deciding."Ready."

Thomas' arm was curved out in attempt to wrap it around Bugbo's, before quickly and awkwardly realising the other had no intention of doing the same. He coughed and counted, "One...two...three..."

The two of them gulped down a couple of the multicoloured pills and waited for the effects.
"Hmm..." Thomas thought for a while. "It's a bit sweet huh love?"

Bugbo couldn't care less about what that old man was saying. Just seconds after taking the luck, he felt it.

"This stuff. Wow." Bugbo swallowed heavily. "This stuff hits you fast."

"Huh?" Thomas inspected the barley glass and tilted his head to the side. "Well, I suppose. Honestly I thought it was a bit of a let dow-"

"Stop." Bugbo waved a hand in front of the man's face. "Can you hear that?"

"Hear what darling?"

"That noise... that." His eyes widened an unnatural amount. "Yodelling."

"I'm going to say no."

"SHH." Bugbo almost slapped the man whilst aiming to keep his mouth shut. "Don't interrupt them."

The man waited. And then resigned. "You must have great hearing love. I don't hear a thing. Well, it's pretty hard to hear anything over this music haha, isn't that right babe?"

"I said DON'T interrupt them." Bugbo hissed, giving the man a deadly stare. "You... what are you still doing here? You're not Irish."

"I...what?"

"Hahahaaha." Bugbo wiped a tear from his eye and then very suddenly grabbed Thomas' shoulder. "Wait. Can you feel it? You know? That groove. That Irish jig. You know what I mean?"

Thomas took another look at the box in which Lucky's product came in. Nope. Nothing unusual on the ingredients list. Was he... having an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients?

"Bugbo. I think I'm gonna have a word with Lucky. Are you alright to stay here?"

"Oh baby, I already left." Bugbo said, staring at the wall.

"Alright. Alright." Thomas rubbed his neck and quickly scanned the room. "Alright. You stay right there."

"No you stay right there. Haha. You can't catch me baldy!"

Thomas dashed to the little Irish bloke who was currently counting his pennies like he had made his first fortune.

"Aye what is it ya want sonny? I don't do refunds."

Thomas thought carefully about what he was about to say.

"Hey mate, is it normal for people to hear yodelling after consuming your merchandise?"

"Now what are you talking about ya daft donny."

"I was just a little concerned about-"

Out of nowhere, Bugbo slammed his fists onto Luckys table where he'd been galloping, startling both the leprechaun and bald geezer. "Woah! Watch out mandem! Woah, coming through!"

"Have ya gone loo-lah? Watch where yer going or you'll crumple me pelt."

Now staring directly into Lucky's blue-eyed gaze, Bugbo slurred, "Ginger man. You jammy bogger you. I get it now... Haha, I think I have found my calling friend. The call of the Irish anthem, soothing me like a baby being rocked into a deep slumber."