before I had known you

I had longed for you before I had even known you.

My soul held a space for you; when the cosmos first began.

Back when we used to be stardust,
before the creation of man.

I had longed for you before I had even known you.

I had wept for centuries, not knowing why.
Wondering, why is it that I cry?

Now that I walk, now that I talk, I search for you in every person. Still, not knowing why. Even as years have passed by, I see myself not worth wanting to try.

But yet, I had longed for you before I have even know you.

My heart was molded with the crevice of your shape. Made to hold you. Made to warm you. Made to immortalize you.

I seek only your hands onto mine. Your palms, sweaty while you brush my hair; something so insanely divine.

I seek only your words onto my ears. Loud and soft. No matter, as I would do anything to hear you talk.

I had known you before we could even walk. Before we danced. Before we laughed. And if you asked me why, I'd just say that I did. But really, I must have just been shy.

I had longed for you before I even met you.

Before the universe began. And before you and me, and everything that had came to be.

I had longed for you.
I had known you.
And now, I have met you.