You wanna-what?

Chapter 28

It feels like times frozen now. Zane and Jesse jump into the clearing and my heart breaks when I see Zane’s expression. He looks at me first, under all the wolves, then at Matt’s dad but when he looks at the bloody human, dead on the floor is when I wish I was the one dead, and not Arthur.

Zane looks like his world has just crumbled. His eyes are filled with sadness—no, sadness isn’t enough to explain how much Zane looks like he’s hurting. His eyes abruptly turn black and his body fills with rage. He lunges at Matt’s dad and that’s when the wolves on top of me move to try and protect their Alpha.

That was their first mistake.

As soon as I’m free, I lunge to the nearest wolf, taking two down with me. Jesse grabs the others before they can reach Zane. I grab the first around the throat and snap it in half in the blink of an eyet. I throw him across the clearing; his dead body falls limp to the ground. The next wolf I claw at his stomach almost as if I were ripping out his insides, throwing them around me like a gruesome murderer from a horror movie.

I hear someone howl in pain and I look up to see Zane over Matt’s dad’s body, peeling his fur, and skin, back inch by inch. I can see muscles, bones and a few other things that I could live my whole life without coming face to face with it but he deserves it.

I back up slowly, knowing that this isn’t my fight and Zane has every right to make this monster suffer, besides, I’ve got my own monster to kill.

‘I’m going after him, don’t follow me.’ I warn Jesse before cutting all connections from my mind. I sprint out of the clearing in search of Matt. My senses are all on over drive so I don’t know why I miss when Matt comes and body slams me to the ground.

Matt rolls off of me fast before I can even get a scratch in. When his body weight is lifted, I do the same and get back up on all fours with ease.

I growl at him menacingly, and he snarls back. We circle each other for a little while. I wish I could speak to him sometimes, just so I could insult him and hopefully bring his spirit down but then again, I don’t want to be in his head...

Matt attacks first, but me being slightly smaller, I am faster to move and I dodge with attack with ease. I jump on his back and bite down on his ear since Matt is shaking his head too much for me to get a good enough bite.

Matt howls in pain and slams his body into a tree, hard. I let go of his hear and when Mat moves I fall to the ground. Matt, being kind of stupid, stays close to me and I swipe at his paw. I clip it and blood pours from the cut I’ve given him. He jumps back and growls at me, but Matt looks kind of funny now when he’s limping and his left ear has almost fallen off.

I try to stand up but I hiss out in pain automatically. There must be a few dislocated ribs because my side hurts pretty badly.

I growl at Matt, and he growls back. We both jump at the same time and we knock heads. I see spots but only for a few seconds before I grab on to Matt’s side and claw him. Matt howls  and that’s when he hit the ground. We roll and roll and somehow during this, Matt’s gotten his mouth around my throat.

This is very, very bad.

I don’t call for help, but try and shake him off of me, but it doesn’t work. There’s only one thing I could maybe do, but it’s very risky because if I do it wrong, or hesitate for once second, I could be dead.

Matt’s grip tightens and I make my decision, I’m going to do the most risky move that I know. I concentrate hard and I can feel my fur retreating. Matt, expecting my throat not to shrink, let’s go momentarily. That’s when I take my chance. I pull out from his mouth and grab his throat. I throw him across the clearing.