I like Red better than Tyra, just saying

Chapter 10

The final bell rings, and I’m dreading the outcome.

During the whole day, I had the guys from the pack come up and ask me why Jesse was so pissed off. I always just shrugged and pretended like I had no idea what was going on.

I am so dead.

I slowly pack my bag while I walk out of my English class. I drag my feet and twist my lock open at a turtle pace. When I have finally make it to Jesse’s Jeep, he is nowhere in sight, and neither is he in the car, waiting.

I sit there, bored out of my mind for five minutes, FIVE MINUTES, waiting for it to finally show up.

“Okay Parker, I know you’re pissed off, but did you really have to make me wait an extra five minutes?” I ask him with no hint of a joke. He doesn’t answer, but brushes past me and opens the Jeep.

I hope in and slam the door shut, not out of anger though, just to try and get him to say something.

It doesn’t work. The whole ride, Jesse is silent, not even a glance in my direction, even after I poke him so much, my finger in numb.

Nothing. At. All.

I sigh in defeat and choose to gaze out the car window for the remaining of the trip.

Luckily, our house isn’t very far. Even before Jesse has the time to stop the car, I jump out, almost tripping over my skirt.

Jesse doesn’t even notice.

With a huff, I march towards the front door, slamming it open when I walk through.

“Hi honey, how was school?” My mom asks me, whipping her hands dry on a rag.

“Just peachy.” I say, venom dripping from my words.

Without looking back, I run up the stairs and slam my bedroom door shut when I have finally arrived.

I feel like screaming and punching everything in sight. I don’t know why though, Jesse shouldn’t be able to make me want to hit anything besides himself.

I hate Jesse, he’s the guy I hate, but have to get along with. There can’t be a normal day if Jesse and I don’t argue. But I think I’ve crossed the line. I think I’ve gone too far, and now maybe I’ve ruined are already messed up friendship.

I shake my head. It doesn’t even matter what he thinks of me, when I find my mate, I won’t need Jesse anymore, because my mate will be able to be the guy I tease.

I still want to scream, shout, kick and smash, but I just settle for something simple-ish.

I grab my math book from my bag, and with all my force, I throw it through the window.

There is a loud sound of glass shattering, and then a distant thump a few seconds later. Glass is all over my floor, under where the glassless window now sits. Sharp shards are pointing outwards, and I can see my math book in the distance.

It hit a tree and the tree was now bent over, kind of like a victim of a strong punch to the gut.

My sensations of wanting to hurt something are satisfied, but I don’t know for how long, seeing as I'm still fuming.

I can hear footsteps running up the stairs right before my bedroom door is thrown open and my mom comes running in, Jesse’s mom at her heals. The dads are still working, and Jesse probably doesn’t care if I impale myself with a piece of broken glass. Typical.

“Honey, what happened?” My mom asks, kneeling beside the glass graveyard.

“I threw my math book through the window. See, if you look far enough, you can see it. It’s right in front of the broken tree.” I say while I point towards the tree doubled over in pain.