Chapter 10

"What is it?" Damon asked the moment he stepped into his office where Robert was standing and waiting for him.

"You seem in a hurry?" Robert asked and this made Damon look at him. "I can see from your face it isn't urgent. Don't let it be any of your lectures for fuck's sake."

"Why did you do this, Damon? I didn't ask who the woman is because..."

"She is a fine piece. It was love at first sight." Damon laughed at his own joke.

"You don't treat your love with such language. Selena and I saw you..." But Damon was quick to cut off.

"You don't tell me how I treat my subjects."

Robert stared at him. "Fine, but the last thing I expect you to murder her. We didn't have this wedding to..."

Ignoring him Damon walked to his table and pulled the drawer out. "...make a new record for you. I get you don't care but this is not how it works..." Getting on his chair Damon spilled the white powder on his table and carefully parted it into three lines. Damon closed his eyes before he started snorting. "...Not every marriage of yours can end up with your wife murdered..." But then looking at him taking his torture drug Robert yelled. "...What are you doing? You! Please...she is a fragile woman. At this point, kill her. Ugh! Why did you have to make it complicated? I wish I had visited to know who you are marrying to."

Damon raised his eyes from the table and rubbed his nose before responding. "It wasn't going to change anything. You will be surprised to learn she was the one who proposed this to me. I saw a beautiful girl and chose to be a gentleman." Robert was indeed surprised but knew his taking the drugs wasn't a good sign. It wasn't every day that Damon chose to snort. It was exclusive to when he was tired of solving a case in the morning and wanted to torture at night. It gave him a strong stimulant. And, today he indeed was on his feet from the morning and didn't want to sleep any soon.

Damon was inhaling the last and third line when Robert asked. "So, you won't punish her for her brother's doing. Right?" This made Damon look at him. Robert wasn't letting him in peace. If only Robert hadn't saved him several times putting his life on the line. He would have killed him too.

Damon let his neck fall back and rubbed his nose with his thumb again. It was kicking in almost instantly.

"Don't be stupid, Robert. Why will I hurt my wife? But reminding my wife that her whole tribe owes me for fiancé can make her obedient, right? I won't give up on it."

"She has married you. And, promised a submission. Then why?" Robert asked but Aria's cheerful smile and bold face got something pressing in the back of his throat. He almost believed she was the one. And, more than her infidelity it was his stupidity that was hurting every vein in his body. A lot had passed his thoughts. And, every thought had his stupid planning with Aria. His jaws were clenched when he said.

"A fiancé I wanted, a bride that was offered. It's not the same thing. Is it?"

"Don't harm her if you want her to respect you. Women aren't hard, Damon. It is you. You are hard." Robert wasn't looking out for Nancy. He was looking out for Damon's wife and didn't want her to get estranged with him.

"Trust me, you won't see her complaining." Damon walked out of his space and passed him saying. "...Also, it is a given that you will be looking for the timber deal. I have a new bride tonight..."

"Damon, Aria was a slut. She is not a loss. Nancy is someone..."

"Mrs. Anderson,..." Damon corrected. "...or my lady,"

Robert bit his lower lip in frustration and nodded. "My lady is someone with character. Don't hurt her and make every day complicated for you."

This time Damon walked to his face and gritted. "I won't hurt her after you find me her brother and Aria. I didn't buy any wedding gifts for my wife. Why don't you find the ones who mocked us? I want to cook them and serve them to my lady. I think she will like it. She is my wife, right? Won't she?" Robert wasn't shocked. They had done it as torture to some people in the past. But imagining him doing it to his wife was different. Damon walked out of the office agitated.