Prologue

P.

Eversince nung elementary ako, ang dami ko nang crush. Yung seatmate ko, yung math wizard nung classroom, yung laging nangungulit sa 'kin, at kung sinu-sino pa.

Pero nang maka-graduate ako ng elementary at makapasok sa isang private and prestigious institution, hindi ko alam...pero wala akong mahanap na crush.

Shet.

Alam kong weird dahil yun ang una kong hinanap pero bakit? Maganda naman yung may inspiration ka from the start, hindi ba?

Pero...biglang may na-meet ako. Una, hate na hate ko talaga siya. Sobrang...ugh. Ang hangin, forevs.

And then time passed.

Yup, cliche. But, yep. Naging crush ko siya. Hanggang sa hindi ko namalayan na. Poof. Nahulog na pala ako sa kanya. Hindi ko din alam kung bakit ko natiis ang bawat bagyong dumadaan (kasi nga 'di ba ang hangin *whoosh*), pero I managed, unfortunately.

After so many times na magkasama kami, nag-confess din siya. At hindi nagtagal. Naging kami din.

Pero, there was one tragic thing that happened. And still I loved him after that.

But, you see, when it always come to him. I always become selfless. Nung una, akala ko, ang selfless pagiging martir, o kaya pagmumukhang tanga, na parang hindi mo na inaalala ang sarili mo, na all you care is all about other people or the one you love. Pero hindi pala.

When he became, like, lost? And gone? I realized...selfless has a deeper meaning.

Z.

She isn't the type of a girl you would want to talk to. But I did, of course. She's so interesting because she's like having her own little world because of her quietness (but her silence is her biggest weapon, intellectually, mentally and emotionally, really. And that's one thing I loved about her). It's quite amazing. You'll thought she's so snobbish because she just don't talk, but if you ask her things and approach her, she'll talk and add some crazy things. You know, people like that, you need to give them a chance. Sometimes, you have to make your move for them to speak, for them to let you in in their little bubble. And luckily, I was one of the people who was chosen to enter her messed-up yet happy and crazy world.

But then, I realized...sometimes, you need to step back. Sometimes, you need to get out of other people's world. Sometimes, you need to have your world. But unfortunately and accidentally, I walked out of her world...permanently.

It's like I've been selfish. Because it looked like I left her alone. I hurt her again. Is this the thing I always wanted to do? To hurt her?

It was an accident. I didn't mean to.

Truth be told, I never was selfish. I've been selfless also. I love her and cared for her so much...but I just need to watch her from afar.

Fate has its plans. And so does God, too.

T.

At first, I was out of the picture. I never had her. I already knew I don't have a chance. I was always the one who watched her laugh and smile, but could never make her. I'm always the one who sees her cries and fall apart, then wipes her tears away and picks up the broken pieces. I was always the one who watches her from afar.

Then she gave me a chance. I became the one who can make her smile, who can make her cry because of joy. I had her. But then the chance was taken away. We never worked out. Our "us" never did and never could work.

But...look at how fate is amazing. After years, fate gave me a chance to meet her once again.

But will she? Will she give me another chance? An opportunity to make us work?

Or...

Will I be selfless...again? Be left out again? Being abandoned, alone and rejected again?

---

Selfless. It's not being stupid, a martyr, or being too kind. But it's by sacrifing, giving chances and letting go. That's what selfless is.

P, Z and T.

Their own different yet unique lives get to cross each other's paths and directions making three different stories collide into one *insert a nice adjective* story.

Their story defines love as selfless.

Who will get left behind?

Who will be happy 'til the end?

Who will be "the one that got away"?

Who will sacrifice?

Who will be the one to let go?

Who is the real selfless?