Next man up

As Upgrade, Ben is driving after a thief that is trying to get away. With Charmcaster "driving" Upgrade. 

Charmcaster: "You need to get closer!" 

Upgrade: "I know, but stop kicking me! I'm not a horse! It won't make me go faster"

Charmcaster: "Wanna bet?" She proceeds to kick the side of the motorcycle numerous times. Making Ben up the speed, so that they are almost right behind the car the thief is driving. "See!"

But during a crossing, a truck is driving towards them. Not having time to stop, Ben slides the motorcycle under it instead. Almost giving Charmcaster a heart attack. 

Charmcaster: "WHAT WAS THAT?!" 

Upgrade: " You wanted speed, well I am speed" She rolls her eyes, but realises she is close enough to the car to get a clear shot. She aimes her hand, and shoots mana at the back of the car. Making all the money the thief had stolen fly away. 

The thief seemed confused, having heard something hitting his car. And therefore started slightly slowing down. That meant that Ben could drive up next to the car. Ben made one of his wheels into a nail and flattened the tire of the viecle. Forcing the car to stop. 

The police were right behind, as they had also been a part of the chase. So they knew the work was done. But Ben didn't stop driving, having noticed an ice cream truck. 

Ben: "Stopping a crime surely warrants a reward"

It was a really hot day, so Charmcaster agreed to get an escape from the heat. The driver wasn't present. The car was locked, but Charmcaster simply shot mana at it to open it. 

(Meanwhile in the rustbucket, 3rd POV)

As Max was trying to catch up with the chase. Gwen and Michael were sitting in the booth. Gwen was showing off her new lucky girl outfit. She started calling herself lucky girl because of how lucky she felt after being given the cob. The lucky girl outfit was a purple jumpsuit and a strange mask. 

Gwen: "Don't you think it's time you got yourself a superhero outfit?"

Michael: "No point. The great thing about being a magician is that you can do the most crazy shit, and no one will question it." 

Gwen: "Still think you should.."

Michael: "Maybe, if I can have a cape. 

Max: "Seems like the police beat us here". The car Ben and Charmcaster had chased, was sorrounded by 4 police officers. Gwen and Michael walked outside of the rustbucket to take a closer look. 

Michael: But where are they?"

Gwen: Long chase, hot day. I think I might have an idea." She started walking towards an ice cream truck she spotted in the distance. 

When they opened it, both Charmcaster and Ben were revealed. They were shaking because of how cold they were. But just kept eating ice cream as if they had never had the opperturnity to eat it before.