Origin story

(16 years  ago, 3rd POV)

A family was walking through the streets. It's almost christmas time, so the young parents were doing their christmas shopping, while enjoying the beutiful christmas decorations. The young mother was walking with a baby trolley, that had a young girl inside. While the father was singing quietly to himself "Santaaaa, I was only a child". While laughing. It wasn't late,  but dark. Not snow, but cold. 

As they made their way down a street, they came across a large tent. With a man standing outside. He was large, with a constant smile on his face. His name was Thumbskull. He outstretched his arms in a friendly way, getting the young familie's attention. "Good evening! The amazing Zombozo is preparing a new show, and would like to test it before showing it to the world! Join in on the fun, free of charge!" A chance to get a break from the cold wind, and free entertainment was too tempting to turn down. The parents looked at each other for a second, before agreeing to join the show. 

They weren't the first in the tent. Around 40 people were in the stands to watch this Zombozo. He came out just a couple of minutes after the family had sat down. Running in, but falling because of his way too large shoes. Making a few jokes to get the crowd going. While he did, Thumbskull moved a large machine behing him. 

Zombozo: "I can make you laugh, so much in fact you could die form it! That is a Zombozo guarantee"

 The machine activates, and suddenly no one can stop laughing. Zombozo looks towards the stands expecting positive emotions to be flooding in. But nothing reaches the machine. The Clown's smile dissapears. Being replaced by a furious face, that leaves Thumbskull terrified. But the crowd dosen't even notice. They just laugh, and laugh. Eventually it becomes deadly quiet. 

Zombozo: "Someone please tell the person that claimed laughter will expand your lifespan that he should revisit the statistic." 

Thumbskull is stunned, not knowing whether to take the belongings of the crowd, or run away before anyone finds out what just happened. Zombozo take turns from a maniac laughter to a deeply focused expression. That's until a cry of a baby grabs their attention. The two of them walk to the stands where it was coming from, and looked at a young baby girl. 

Thumbskull: "It must have been sleeping through the performance". Zombozo picked her up, and slightly laughed to himself. "Don't worry, I shall learn you the joy of being an entertainer".

The two of them put a fire on the tent, and drove away. As they reached Zombozo's home, he quickly made a spesial bath to the young girl. The bathtub was filled with a boiling red liquid. Holding her, he gently started moving her toward the bathtub. "An old friend of mine would always say, madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push!"

(8 Years ago, at primary school. Abigaill POV)

RING! RING! RING!

Oh no.. Time for recess... The classroom I can do. In the classroom I know i'm more than okay. In fact i'm great! But out there, I will forever be viewed as different. Like a freak. This goth look my dad is obsessed with me wearing certantly dosen't help either.. 

I barely make it outside, before a few of the boys is breathing down my neck. Saying apparently witty remarks, like "Is this what gay parents create?"or "Imagne being so crazy your mother leaves you!" Nora, the only one that dosen't seem to hate me in this class, tries to push them away. But they just force her on the ground istead. Before returning their focus to me. Mocking my hair, clothes and family. Normally remarks like this would make me cry, but I just want to get away. I try to turn up the pace, but one of the boys grab my hair and pulls me back. As I turn around I see that it was the boy named Tom that pulled me back. I feel like screaming at him, crying because of him or just punch him. It is at that moment I remeber the conversation I had with my dad only a few days ago