Javey/✨✅

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Davey was getting used to being a newsies and figuring out Jack's moods and body language. After the strike was over Davey had gone back to being a new kid in the group. And on this particular day had a weight down on his mind.

"Ay Lover boy!" Jack called teasingly. Davey blushed and looked around to see if anyone had heard Jack, but the streets were empty.

"Be careful, Jack. What if someone over hears! What if Les overhears" Davey glanced concerned over to his little brother who was counting papers sternly, messing up and recounting every 10 or so.

Jack wrapped his arms around Davey who stood stiffly, worrying heavily about something in his mind. He felt guilt weigh him down.

"So" Jack spoke "what's bothering you."

He hoped it wasn't that obvious he was worried. "Nothing.."

Jack huffed, "well it certainly ain't nothin. Come on s'ok i wont judge ya." Jack grabbed Davey hand and rubbed his knuckles with his thumb.

Davey sighed, "I got into a fight my parents. They aren't pleased that I've been hanging out with you and the fellas. And they said they want Les to have little to do with 'em" Davey looked down.

"Oh.." Jack looked at Davey "yous can stay at the lodging ifs you please." He offered.

Davey nodded slowly, "I'll drop Les off when we're done selling and head over."

Les bound up to them, "we's only gots 12 more papes to sell!" We smiled at Jack.

"We've, not we's" Davey corrected.

Les looked confused "what?"

Davey sighed, "It's a conjunction. It's a combination of We and Have; We've. You wouldn't say we is only got. It's grammatically incorrect."

Les stopped his foot. "But teacher said if it belongs to someone you add a little dash and an S!"

"An apostrophe, yea. But it doesn't apply to pronouns like I, we, you, or me." Davey patted Les's head. "It's ok, Genitive cases are hard. You'll get it eventually." (Is it genitive? Honestly grammar is so confusing)

Jack was so confused by there conversation. "Well if yous need help I can takes some of the papes from ya."

"How come Jack doesn't use proper grammar?" Les asked,

Davey hushed him quickly and apologized to Jack. "I'm sorry, he doesn't understand."

Jack smiled "nah it's ok." He leaned down to Les "Ise didn't get the opportunity you and your brother did to gets a proper education. You're really lucky." He added the last part quickly.

~time skip~

Davey waved goodbye to Les and headed out to the lodging.

When he arrived he was immediately overwhelmed by the amount of guys in the lodging. He noticed some people even doubled up on beds.

He also saw a substantial amount of gayness, newsies making out with each other, holding hands, or just cuddling. He knew he saw Buttons and Elmer, Finch and Albert, and a kid with an eyepatch and Mush among those couples.

He spotted Jack and went up to chat. "Hey," Jack exclaimed "glad you made it."

Davey shrugged, "uh.. where should I sleep."

Jack looked around. "Uh, you can share a bunk with me... we're kinda packed right now. I mean even Race has taken to staying in brooklynn's lodging house a lot more now." Jack sighed.

Davey wasn't sure how he felt about that arrangement. It felt scandalous, being over at the lodging where nobody cared if he was dating Jack, even if the other newsies didn't know. But sharing a bed? Scandalous

Still davey climbed up into the bunk and snuggled up to Jack nervously. The bunk was small and he could hear Jack heart beat race. It was soothing though, and Davey quickly found himself drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got bored of this prompt so this is the best you guys get ❤️‍🔥