Sprace & Javey✅

Kinda a boring one ngl 💀💀
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Race awoke to the cold breeze flowing into the crappy worn down room Spot had at the lodging. He usually didn't wake up early but he needed to walk back to New York in time for none of the boys to realize he had stayed in Brooklyn, that wasn't a conversation he needed to have.

Once a week for around two months, Race wouldn't make it back to Manhattan for the night. If he was caught he'd blame it on the walk, but when he wasn't he just wouldn't mention it.

He got up and sauntered over to wear his shirt lay, flung clumsily on the floor from the previous night, and put it back on. Staring back at Spot sleeping peacefully in bed. Spot always looked so different asleep, much calmer and relaxed, unlike his usual stressful and pugnacious demeanor. (Big word from the high school Latin girl)

Spot stirred in his sleep, groggily opening his eyes.

"Morning, lover" Race cooed, walking back over to sit on the side of the bed. "I'se better be off soon."

Spot groaned and sat up, he sleepily wrapped his arms around Race's waist and kissed him lightly. "Jack would kill me if he knew about this"

Race frowned. He hated thinking about what others would say about him and Spot, whether it would be about him and dating another man, unlikely as most of the boys were also queer, or if it was just that he was dating Spot.

"Do you always have to ruin the moment?" Race got up and started getting ready to head back.

"I'm just being realistic, sorry" Spot mumbled.

~time skip brought by my sleep depravity~

Spot was talking to Race at the sheepshead when a familiar voice rang out.

"Oi! Conlon!" The voice of the Manhattan newsie leader shouted at him.

Spot glared, "what's he doing here?" He glanced at Race, who shrugged.

"Aye, we got business to discuss!" Jack waved them over to an alley way. "Hey since when did you talk to Race all the time?" He shrugged it off.

Davey sat in the alley fiddling with his bag, giving a small wave to the other boys before going to stand next to Jack, who was leaning on stairs railing.

Race zoned out, they were talking about boring logistical problems in the newsie world. An incredibly boring conversation to him. So he instead leaned against a wall and smoked his cigar. Spot glared.

"Race I told you to stop smoking so damn much." He lectured. "God Higgins do you ever listen."

Jack and Davey fell silent, Race was very protective of his smoking. If anyone of the newsies ever mentioned it he'd get into trouble. But they also knew that Spot was powerful and feared in the newsie world. Nobody would dare speak back to him.

Race snickered "well if you want to deal with the consequences that's on you."

Jack spoke up, "Race why are you even here? I mean this is a private meeting you should probably leave."

Race looked at Jack and glared a glare that could cut gashes so bad it would leave Buttons repairing Jacks clothes for weeks.

"*Your* boyfriend gets to be here, why can't *I* be here?" He walked close to Jacks face and pressed a finger to his chest. "And in case you'se forgotten, cowboy, I'm Manhattans second in command." He turned his head and spat into the ground before turning and leaving.

Jack went silent for around five seconds before opening his mouth again. "Wait boyfriend? I'm not dating Davey??" He laughed nervously and looked at a very red in the face Davey.

"So how long have you and Race been together then..?" Davey asked. ImmediatelyJack snapped Jack to attention and gave Spot a death stare.

Spot groaned, "we're not dating, not yet."

"Oh."