-4- Friday (pt 1)

chesters pov:

i expected to see a blank phone screen again when i woke up but instead i was greeted by a text from parker. he just sent a quick good morning and asked if i wanted him to walk with me to my job again. it mightve been a simple gesture but it meant the absolute world to me. with a huge smile on my face i started typing, "goodmorning :) and of course! meet outside my apartment at 8:15?" he responded quickly after with two thumbs ups and a smiley face.

now excited to see parker, i hopped out of bed and over to my closet. i picked out a nice but simple outfit, black jeans and a grey sweatshirt paired with my black converse and some jewelry. taking these clothes in my arms, i toss them on my bed and head for the shower.

after brushing my teeth and taking a long, hot shower i felt refreshed for my new day at work. i threw on the outfit and blowdried my hair like normal. i quickly combed my hair into place and made sure to spray my favorite cologne. now that i was finally ready, i grabbed my backpack and made it out the door.

the elevators were still out so i headed for the stairs again. as i reached the last few stairs i saw parker leaning on the rail looking down at his phone. he looks so peaceful yet at the same time, extremely tense. i barely know parker but i feel like i need to help him somehow.

"oh hey chester." his deep voice cuts through my thoughts. "hey." i smile weakly and we start walking. "what are you planning on doing today? i have a full shift so we might not be able to ride back together unless you are going to be out for a while." he shrugs. "im meeting up with my boss for a while. i dont really have anything else planned so i might just go home and do some work."

curiously i look over at him. "if you dont mind, what do you do?" he answers after a short pause, "im an engineer. i do most of my work online but me and my boss are also friends so we meetup for drinks sometimes." i nod after he finishes, and we get on the subway. we navigate through to a pole near the back and hold on.

after a few minutes i feel my phone vibrate. "im sure its not my "friends" so i wonder who that could be..." i wait for a second before reaching into my pocket and pulling it out. the message is coming from my mom. i sigh in relief before reading it. "Chester honey, we are hosting a party tonight at 9 and you are required to attend. you may bring a plus one with you as well. we are hosting many elite families tonight so dress well. we cant wait to see you there darling. love you." my previous sigh of relief was quickly replaced with a gasp. parker looked over at me concerned. "everything ok dude?" he placed a steady hand on my back.

i shoved my phone back in my pocket nervously. "yeah yeah, my parents just texted..." he continued looking at me, urging me to continue. "they're hosting a lot of high ranking families at their house tonight and apparently im required to attend." i pause before looking up at him. "do you maybe want to go with me? they said i can bring a plus one."

he looked hesitant. "uh...yeah that should be fine. how long do you plan on staying?" i smiled. "definitely not long. ill probably just raid the bar then socialize for an hour. thats what i normally do. their parties are catered for like boring old rich people." parker laughs lightly at my words, seeming more relaxed. "great, so im going to have to babysit you?" i punched his arm playfully. "shut up."

~~~

my workday was basically the same as the rest of the week except for me and parker texting all day. parker got home before i got off work so i rode the subway alone and walked back.

~~~

finally, i made it home and practically threw myself on the couch. pulling out my phone i send parker a quick text of the time of the party.

"im going to take a nap for a couple hours its too early to start getting ready."

—————-
(the next chapter is a pt 2 of this so its the night of the party.)

also shit im sorry this is taking so long so imma post this one quickly then ill work on the others.