-1- Tuesday

no ones pov:

Parker is a trained assassin hired by third parties around the world to take people out. his name is well known around this line of work for his skill and strategy. Parker is also known to finish a job in any means necessary. he has killed hundreds of people for various reasons, some valid and some not. but if the money is right, he will finish the job with class.

parker sits up on his bed in a cold sweat. "jesus another nightmare..." the truth is ever since Parker started doing these jobs he has been tormented many nights replaying the events. he is especially haunted by the most gruesome of his kills. the times he was sloppy and more people were hurt than needed to be. his mind's favorite to replay was the death of an innocent man who had simply been in the wrong place and the wrong time and was killed in the crossfire. he still remembers how the boy struggled to crawl away with terror in his eyes as parker watched him bleed out. he has killed hundreds with no mercy but the sight of that one boy who did nothing wrong being killed because of him has never left his mind.

his phone dinged on the nightstand indicating a message from his boss. "hey Parker, ive got another job for you man. you up for it?" he sighed pushing on the bridge of his nose then typing back. "yeah, send me their file. how much for this one?" parker was starting to get tired of these jobs of just killing old rich douche bags. though they were paying well so he couldn't complain much.

his boss sent a link and one other message. "it should be pretty easy to take him out, the guys got like no meat on his bones. the price is double what we normally get for businessmen so im glad you decided to take this one." he rolled his eyes at the small jab at his target. clicking the link, he scrolled through this new guys files. landing on his picture, he stopped altogether. "wow..." he whispered under his breath, eyes drifting over the picture. his perfect golden hair swooped down near his piercing light blue eyes. this was paired with a sharp jawline and pale skin. parker nervously shook off the blush forming and scrolled as he read. "his name is Chester Beckington, he is 27 years old...hes the same age as me." a part of him imagined them being friends in another universe or maybe even more.

he was roughly snapped out of his thoughts when another text came in. "they want the target dead within three weeks so find a way to make that work, alright?" he flopped back on his bed, replying with a quick, "you got it boss."

the image of the boy creeped into his mind again and he felt guilty for the first time in months of what he had to do. "who would want to kill him?" he questioned to no one in particular. clicking on the link again, he scrolled down past what he previously read to the reasons for assassination. "for inheriting the family's wealth? what kind of a reason is that?! so hes completely innocent?" parker mutters flashing back to his nightmares.

"whatever, a job is a job and i have no choice but to finish it." he thinks to himself stepping out of bed. "three weeks though? im not a magician dude."

parker has been living in New York in a small flat for a few years at this point. He was originally going there for college but had a career change and just never left. His job pays well enough to support his lifestyle and he is content with that.

parker reluctantly walks to his bathroom, already missing his bed. he brushes his teeth thoroughly and uses mouthwash. he might be a ruthless killer but hes still a civil human being. after running a steady hand through his hair he looks into his reflection. dark circles draw attention to his sad, brown eyes. he sighs and walks out.

sitting down at his desk, he pulls up more sources about chester. he finds his job's location easily. "a barista in a tiny coffee shop? how much more innocent can this guy get." parker laughs lightly to himself. "i should go there and get more information on him in person. following him home and getting his address will be my main goal for tomorrow." parker leaned back in his chair and groaned tiredly, letting his eyes drift shut again.

~~~~

parker walked into the delicious smelling coffee shop and locked eyes with chester at the register. chester smiled at him sweetly, quickly returning to his work.

parker loved his smile it was so genuine and bright he could stare at it all day. while he was busy thinking about chester he didnt even notice the shorter boy run up and hug him tightly. "hey honey, what are you doing here?"

he was happy to be able to hug chester and words seemed to flow out of his mouth without control. "just thought id stop by and see how you were doing love." chester laughed lightly and reached his hands to parkers face, pulling him into a quick kiss.

they stood there smiling at eachother in the warm shop feeling pure happiness with eachother.

~~~~

parker woke up calmly but with a heavy heart. for the first time in a while he had a good dream and it was about being with chester. looking around his now dim room he felt alone and cold. he missed the way chester made him feel in the dream. but along with those feelings he also was confused and afraid of why he was dreaming this.

"it's probably just because i was researching him right before i fell asleep so he was the last thing on my mind. thats all." he tried to reassure himself.

walking back to his bed, he laid down and pulled the covers up. he had a horrible sinking feeling in his chest thinking about the things he knew he had to do to chester. parker stayed like that for the rest of the night questioning himself in every way possible. "god im going to hate myself in the morning..."

————-

what yall thinkkk??? first real chapter guyss :>