4. Dimension X: Allies lost, Foes found

✧✧✧✧

Lisa's pov :

As Lisa stepped through the threshold of the enigmatic toy store, little did she realize that she was not entering just a physical space. The air crackled with an otherworldly energy, and as she crossed the threshold, she felt a strange sensation wash over her, as if reality itself was shifting around her.

Unbeknownst to his presence, who should've followed her right behind when she unlocked the door... But no. He wasn't there.

Lisa found herself transported to a dark and foreboding dimension unlike any she had experienced before. Yet it didn't quite feel like it. She was aware that she hadn't been completely transported.

The space around her seemed to pulse with an eerie energy, casting long shadows that danced ominously in the dim light.

As she took in her surroundings, Lisa felt a sense of unease settle over her.

When she hesitantly took a few steps forward, she was met with an unexpected sight: a magical beam of gray light arose from the ground in front of her, stretching upwards to reveal images from her past. With each beam that emerged, her heart shattered into a million pieces as it showcased what ought to be forgotten.

 With each beam that emerged, her heart shattered into a million pieces as it showcased what ought to be forgotten

The first beam depicted a snapshot of her parents, their smiles now faded memories etched in her mind. Another beam revealed the faces of three children crying, while a lone baby looked on, confused and scared. It was a scene of chaos and despair, a reflection of the fractured family she had once known.

Each image served as a cruel reminder of everything she had lost, mostly happiness. As more beams emerged, they painted vivid pictures of Lisa's deepest sorrows and regrets. Scenes of her crying alone on a bridge, her secret refuge from the world turned prison, flashed before her eyes, stoking the flames.

 Scenes of her crying alone on a bridge, her secret refuge from the world turned prison, flashed before her eyes, stoking the flames

Her once-mended heart, still etched with the fractures and scars of the yesteryears, shattered anew, each crack vividly resurrected.

The weight of her sorrow bore down on her, threatening to crush her spirit once and for all.