Chapter 8

I don't own any MCU characters, they belong to Marvel/Disney, as well as any other element of any other work, creation that appears, credits to whomever it may be.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thoughts—

—Speaking—

—{Other Language}—

A thanks to "alcimines" for letting me use "Down Through the Years"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Relax, kid," Clint told Parker, seeing that he was still affected to hear that his other self was apparently buried alive "Just breathe, slow"

As soon as the youngest in the room tried what Clint told him, while the others wondered about who Kraven was, along with being attentive to what might happen to the boy, and some asked about how 'relaxed or calm' the boy's counterpart seemed to be when talking about it, wondering if he was really okay.

But everyone's attention was drawn to the screen again, which had darkened and lit up again, to show what looked like an ancient workshop or forge, occupied by a few men in clothes from hundreds of years ago.

"Howlett," Barnes said as he saw the acquaintance he and Rogers have in common, at least until a text appeared in one of the bottom corners of the screen

Van Helsing, 1888 - the Vatican

"Van Helsing..." several of the spectators said incredulously as they read the famous name on the screen.

"This must be a joke," remarked a surprised Rhodey, with the others agreeing with his opinion, it seemed ridiculous or absurd.

"You know what he is, don't you?" Carl said hesitantly. His words were half-way between being a statement and a question.

The Cardinal seemed to examine Carl closely before replying in accented English. "What have you learned?"

They were in the Vatican workshop of the Knights of the Holy Order. It was a comforting place for Carl, filled with a dull cacophony of sounds and voices, and permeated with the familiar odors of coal-fires, bitter chemicals, ozone, gunpowder, and hot metal. Carl had spent most of his adult life in the workshop, crafting tools and weapons to be used by the Knights in their unceasing war against the Darkness. Carl would have been perfectly happy to never leave, but the Cardinal had recently insisted that he accompany Van Helsing on a mission to Transylvania. Carl and Van Helsing had just returned from that mission.

"Dracula... really?" Wanda said, not believing what she heard from the story.

"Vampires, it's playing a prank on us now," Tony commented, being skeptical of such beings