Homophobia

Note- 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘴, 𝘚𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.
-

Year 1997 India (Mumbai) -

Sankalp and Randhir were two boys who used to go to college and were around 23-24 in age. They met during the first year of college and that's when their friendship began. But soon both of them realized the feelings they had for each other were more than what friends have among them. At first they were not sure what to name these feelings and even started avoiding each other so that they can get rid of all kind of these feelings but that didn't worked. Both of them found home in each other's presence and couldn't live without each other. They found themselves inclined towards each other and they figured out that they love each other, But there was a problem that both of them were boys.. and they didn't loved each other platonically it was more of a romantic love.

They didn't know if it was okay to love the person who has the same gender as you but they did know that both of them were meant to each other. They were ready to fight against the whole country for their love so that both of them can be with each other afterall love doesn't see body but soul right? That's what they also thought. LGBTQ was the idea which was going around in west and it still didn't came in India and both of them did a lot of research and came to know about the concept. People in the society used to see them both as "best friends" and nothing more. Sankalp and Randhir thought about hiding their relationship from the society but they couldn't when their parents started forcing them to get married to a girl and settle in their lives.

They revealed to their families that they "love" each other not platonically but romantically. Sankalp's parents shouted at him and forced him to get married to a girl and said that a boy can't love a boy..He has to love a girl. Sankalp fought against his parents.. he fought till the end but they were not going to understand him. He thought about going far away from them but then he saw his mother who was threatening to end her life if Sankalp didn't marry the girl they have found for him. Sankalp fell weak.. he gave in and then the cards of his marriage was distributed among the colonies and he was about to get married to a girl.

Meanwhile when Randhir confessed to his parents about his sexuality and his love for Sankalp they started beating him, abusing him. They were calling him words like "Faggot", "Chakka", "Meetha". His mother was crying while beating him and saying that it was better if she wouldn't have given birth to him. His father was slapping him and beating him like there's no tomorrow. He fainted due to all the beating but still the last thing he said before fainting was 'I love Sankalp'. He was bleeding but his parents didn't even spare a glance at him and his father took him out of the house and threw him on the road to die. Luckily a vehicle stopped on the road and took Randhir to the hospital but the whole society came to know about Randhir's sexuality that he was attracted to boys. People called him sick and started teaching their boys not to be near him and not to be like him. When Sankalp came to know about Randhir's condition he went to hospital to check him and he found him lying there lifelessly.. Tears formed in his eyes and he held Randhir's hand and started crying. He asked God what is their fault if they love each other and why is their love wrong? And then he looked at Randhir and kissed his lips where there was a cut present due to all the beating. After some days Randhir gained consciousness and when he was going to his house every one in the society was eyeing him wierdly.

He knocked the door of his house but no one opened it. He stood there for 3 hours and still no one opened the door and then he thought about going to Sankalp's house and when he went in his colony then he came to know about his marriage. He was broken.. He couldn't take all this and he went to Sankalp's house to confront him.