Platonic Soulmates? Pt. 1

Author's Pov-

Shubman and Ishan had been best friends since 2018 and they were always seen together wherever they went.
They called themselves platonic soulmates only if they knew platonic is silent in their relationship.

Their teammates always used to tease them by calling them each other's boyfriends and they used to blush like fools and then just laugh it off like anything.

Everything was going fine and that's when Shubman came to know about a certain someone in Ishan's life named "𝘼𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞".

In 2020 May -

It was 2020 and there was lockdown in the country and Shubman and Ishan were at their respective houses and Shubman was just getting bored. So he thought about calling Ishan and as he called him there was no response from Ishan's side. Ishan didn't picked up the call and it said that the other line was busy.

Shubman started wondering who might Ishan would be talking to right now that he didn't even picked up his call. After few minutes Ishan called him back and when Shubman asked him about the reason of not picking up the phone then he made some excuse.

Shubman understood that Ishan's lying to him but he didn't intrograted further and they started talking about other things. While they were talking Shubman noticed that Ishan seems really happy today so he asked him 'Has something special happened today Ishu? You seem so happy today.' Ishan just chuckled and said "Arey it's nothing just some random stuff anyways how are you? I miss you so much Shubi" Shubman realised that Ishan had changed the topic so he also didn't discussed this topic any further and they talked for hours.

After few days Shubman opened his Instagram to see multiple pictures of Ishan and some girl with whom he was spotted with. They were holding hands and sitting together in a cafe in some pictures while in other pictures they were walking together. Shubman was shocked to see this and he felt his throat aching and eyes burning at the pictures and he felt like his heart was paining.

He didn't knew why he was feeling such way but he felt terrible and he also thought about the day when Ishan was really happy and then he finally figured out what the reason might be of his happiness that day. He wondered why Ishan didn't told him about this girl and started overthinking. He decided to go to Ishan's account and when he opened the comment section of his recent post all there was people teasing Ishan by commenting the name of the girl with whom Ishan was seen and when he saw some more posts of Ishan then in one post there was comment of that girl- Aditi Hundia.

Shubman switched off his phone and tears started flowing out from his eyes and he didn't know when but he just slept the whole day and when he woke up he saw that it's already 1AM. As he was hungry so he decided to cook something for himself as his parents must be sleeping at this time. When he entered kitchen he saw his sister cooking noodles for herself to which he smiled to himself and went near her.

Shahneel turned around at the voice of the footsteps and was shocked to see Shubman who was looking terrible with eyes red and walking like a zombie. She asked Shubman why he was looking like this and why didn't he came out of his room the whole day. Shubman didn't said anything and just hugged Shahneel, she didn't said anything and just patted his back.

Shubman just ate noodles with his sister and then went back to his room and switched on his phone to see many missed calls from Ishan. He decided that he will call him back in the morning but Ishan called him again at that moment and when he picked it up he could hear the voice of Ishan sighing. "Kaha tha yaar poore din tu? Maine pata hai tujhe Aaj kitni baar call kiya hai" he said in his deep voice which made Shubman shiver. 'Woh I was sleeping.. aur phone dead tha toh Maine nahi deakha. Waise kya hua tujhe kuch batana hai kya' Shubman replied and there was silence at the other end and just then "I am dating Aditi Hundia" Ishan declared and Shubman could not believe his ears. He felt numb and couldn't utter a single word as tears were forming in his eyes. Sensing the unusual silence Ishan cleared his throat and said "I know I am really late to inform you this but actually we weren't sure at first about our relationship but now we are and I hope you'll support me Shubi" his voice sounded hopeful.