12

Madelyn Francis-Clark
Australia 🇦🇺

I pace up and down my room stressing about what happened with Lando at the beach earlier. I was checking my phone every minuet waiting for a message from my dad telling me my careers over or videos of Louisa taking my place on the team. I kept throwing my phone on the bed to ignore it then finding myself only jumping over there a few minuets later just to double check. And on the odd occasion I wasn't having a heart attack about being seen with the guy, I was panicking about what I had agreed to do with him and why he was picking me up. Since having zero idea where we was going and wanting to make no effort whatsoever I wore an oversized Jersey with some linen shorts.

I didn't have Lando's number or followed him on any forms of social media so I had zero way of contacting him so I just had to sit and wait. Which I did for hours. I got read to leave at six and sat on my bed waiting for a knock on my door but it's now half ten at night and I was still perched on the end of the double bed. I'd finally came to the conclusion that he wasn't coming and I'd been stood up. So I hopped off the bed and made my way over to the bathroom where I got my micellar water and cotton pads out.

I looked at myself in thr mirror as I ran the wet pad across my check trying to determine the mix of feeling floating around my stomach. I was mad that he'd made me get ready to go out to somewhere I didn't even want to go but it doesn't matter cause he's not coming. But there was a concoction of emotions mixing around in there. It feels like it's disappointment but I wouldn't be disappointed over Lando Norris. I was embarrassed I know that for sure and the more I thought about it the more I watched my face get a darker shade of red as I thought back to the nerves I carried whilst getting ready which were wasting away.

I wanted to cry and nearly did as I felt my throat dry up and wrap itself up with barbed wire. But I stopped myself from thinking about it by messaging Max asking if he was free. I threw myself on my bed which now felt like it was maid of nails as I waited for his response. He made me smile when he messaged back making me realise how much of a dick actually Lando is.

maxy🚙

are you busy rn ??
i'm so bored

max
yeah i am
but you can come
round join me :)

I head back in the bathroom to look at myself to see if I need to change anything but then realise it's only Max so there's no need to impress, he's seen me at my worst. I leave my room after grabbing my phone and keys and lock my hotel door pulling on the handle a few times to make sure the door is locked. I hear footsteps and quite laughing behind me so I turn around to see Lando with a girl under his arm.

They walked along the hallway in my direction giggling to each other as Lando would whisper something in her her ear every so often. But I just rolled my eyes and turned around and headed to Max's door. I laughed to myself though as I knocked on the Red Bull drivers door as when I looked back at the girl Lando was bringing into his room, as she was wearing large square glasses similar to the ones I wore which he made fun of.

Max opened his door and pulled me in for a hug. I smiled and looked up at driver who looked exhausted, he had messy hair, heavy eyes and a creased track suit on. He welcomed me into his room and he sat back at his desk which had two large cardboard boxes either side.

"What are you doing?" I ask grabbing his Tv remote and falling onto his bed. I watched as he begin to pull various things out these never ending boxes write something across them and place it into the box on his other side.