Prologue

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lando Norris

"What is she doing here?" I scoffed as I looked across the roomed drivers to see no one other than Madelyn Francis-Clark, the biggest bitch there was.

"Maybe because her father is one of the most famous drivers there is and her brothers in formula two." Carlos answered my rhetorical question,  sipping on his drink and rolling his eyes as another scoff leaves my mouth as I watch her pose in front of the cameras flashing her way.

"Well she's not a driver, she don't deserve to be here." I fired back before mumbling under my breathe, "I bet she doesn't even know how to drive a car."

"Why don't you go and introduce yourself?" Carlos smirked at me, "I feel like you'll have a lot in common."

I didn't even respond to him as I set my empty glass down on the table and walked up to the bar. This years race season was weeks away and to celebrate FIA has hosted a party with all teams in the paddock and its crew, giving us one last stress free night together. I ordered my drink and sat down and pulled out my phone while I waited.

"What can I get you miss?" One of the bartenders asks.

"Can I get a vodka cranberry please, double." I hear that voice and tense up immediatly. Many will mistake that voice for an angle, but I know what It really sounds like and that sound is a siren.

"Congratulations on the wins by the way very impressive."

Madelyn was an olympic gold medalist but in gymnastics so it doses't really count. Jumping up in the air isn't a sport, it's something you make your little kid do because it's bored and want it to have some skills. I've heard people say she's good but I've never bothered to watch, plus this is coming from the people who say her dad was good driver and he's not. Alex Francis was nothing but a dirty cheat.

"Thank you." I heard her smile as she played with her brown curls, "winning isn't hard. In fact it's  really easy if you're good enough."

Her words made my jaw clench in an attempt to not respond, so instead of giving her the reaction she wanted I snatched my bottle and stormed away from the bar until I couldn't hear her sickening laugh anymore. She always brought this up, always. Wether it was directly to my face or someone else, she always fit into conversation how she has one several gold medals for our country and I have never one a singular race how kind of her.

The night had continued and it was a goodnight until I remember she was here so to enjoy my night I spent majority of it avoiding her or where she had been or who she has spoken too. I stood at one of the bars with Oscar, Carlos and Danny who had ordered us a round of shots and then another and then another.

"Here's to a successful year!" Daniel cheered as he raised his shot glass in the air as me, Oscar and Carlos followed suit.

We all tipped our heads back to allowing the burning liquid to ease its way down our throats. As soon as I swolled the liquid I needed to pee. I had unfortunately pissed once so that means now with every drink I had no matter the size I needed to go. I stumbled my way over to the toilets time slowing down with every step step and gravity weakening with the other. After what felt like a matter of seconds but also days I saw the door to the toilet I charged forward but on the way accidentally bargaining into someone.

"Sorry, my bad." I apologise as I turn around to see who I went Into, but when I got my answer my skin went cold and wanted to take it back.

"It's okay," She smiled at me as she chewed a piece of minty gum which I could smell as she spoke making me never want to have a piece of gum again, "don't apologise for not being able to handle your drink, Norris."

"Excuse me?" I raise my brows as I looked down at the cocky gymnast.

"Go ahead your excused." She tilted her head before turning her back on me and started to walk.

"Thats not what-" I mumbled to myself in annoyance, "I can handle my drink."

Madelyn stopped walking to turn around and look me up and down and smiled again. That same sickly bitchy fake smile that made me wanna gauge my eyes out. She took a step forward now standing centimetres away allowing me to smell the mint on her breath as she put the straw in her drink to her mouth and took a sip maintaining eye contact the entire time.

"Of course you can Mr world champion." She smiled into her drink.

"I didn't know you could tell the future." I smirk at her watching her break eye contact as she wasn't expecting me to have a come back.

"It's more like reading peoples sad and unfulfilled dreams." She winks before walking away.

"Bitch." I say to myself.

"Nice to see you too, Norris." She said in response clearly hearing what I said, but I had no care what's so ever.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

PROBLEMATIC

Hi everyone hope you enjoyed this little taster of the pair and their relationship. I know Madelyn seems horrible but the character development makes it all better I promise.