Chapter 8

+ AZ IS BACK WITH A DOUBLE CHAPTER DAY! +

---

"Look kid, I've got just as much of an idea about this then you do- scratch that, a lot less." Ray said as he looked over to Phoebe "Just enjoy your time with her, you never know when that time could end." Ray said putting his hand on her shoulder, Phoebe shook his hand off and sighed. "Find, but we should see if Dr. Wartski has anything." Phoebe said in a somewhat worried voice, worried she would lose Melody again.

Melody walked over to Melody and Podcast as they were laughing, she tapped Melody on the shoulder "Can we go now?" Phoebe asked looking at Melody with a soft expression. Melody and Phoebe said their goodbyes before leaving the shop.

"That was fun!" Melody said with a wide grin as she held Phoebe's hand. "That's good, I'm happy you and Podcast get along, what did you guys talk about?" Phoebe asked as she smiled up at Melody, even though they had grown, Melody was still a fair bit taller. "About what it's like being a ghost, how you and I met. About his grandparents, and how you guys met in Oklahoma a few years ago." Melody spoke with the same smile.

They walked around the city of New York buying Melody some clothes, eventually they made their way to the park.

---

"Game of chess?" Phoebe asked as they say down at the same bench that they had met at a year ago. "I would love to." Melody said with a cocky grin "Ready to lose again Spengler?" The same cocky grin. Oh how Phoebe can't wait to wipe it off her face. "You're on!" Phoebe exclaimed with a smile as she set up all the piece's.

They played chess for about 3 hours, it's was now about 1 in the afternoon. "Hah ha! Checkmate." Melody's 7th check mate out of ten rounds, she leaned over the table with another cocky grin, Phoebe leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek, Melody went bright red. "I think I won this on Mel's." Phoebe said with a small smile. "Uh- no- wha-?" Melody was blushing harder as she stumbled over her words, Phoebe giggled and stood up, offering her hand to Melody.

They walked hand in hand all the way back to the fire house, Melody was more than overjoyed about her new clothes.

"Hey mom, Mel and I are back." Melody said as she saw her mom setting the proton packs back into the lockers. "Hey girls, perfect timing, we just got back!" Callie said in a puffed voice as she closed the locked door. "Have fun today?" Callie asked with a smile as they all walked over to the kitchen "It was good, saw Podcast and Ray, then went and got Melody some clothes then went off to the park for a bit." Phoebe said with a smile as Melody stood there awkwardly "I better put these away, I'll see you in a bit" Melody whispered the last bit to Phoebe before she went up to her room.

---

Melody was laying on Phoebe's chest as she slept and Phoebe was sitting thinking about all sorts of things. But mainly about how Melody was alive, she was not complaining, no, god no. She adored her. But she was worried that Melody was robbed of her peace, but she didn't dwell to long on that, and before she knew it they were both fast asleep.

+ And that's all for this one, it's shorter with 583 words, cause I'm running low on ideas, so please leave you ideas in the comments, it would be helpful to keep this book going! +