Chapter 4

+ Hey guys, Az is back again with another chapter! Enjoy +

---

As Phoebe looked over to the blurred face walking alongside her, she knew it wasn't real, but oh how she wished it was.

"Let go Pheebs"

"What?" Phoebe cocked her head to the side in confusion. "I did let you go..." She spoke in a whisper. She blinked and looked at the path in front of her.

"Melody?" Phoebe said as she looked back to see nothing but air filling the space that Melody normally took up.

Phoebe knew none of it was real, but she still indulged just to get a small amount of relief. But it never lasted.

But her hallucinations were right. She needed to let go. She needed to be able to live without Melody.

She snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at the doors to her work. When did she got there? Nevermind she has work to do.

Phoebe pushed open the door hearing the small bell ring as she stepped in, she looked around at the diner, it was almost empty.

"Phoebe! Hey you're closing tonight right?" Pat, one of her co-workers asked. "Yep. Why?" She answered short but not sweet as she picked up her apron, her tone was normally dry at work, recently she had to work as a server so she had to talk to many more people then normal so her social battery was struggling to keep up.

"I'm supposed to close with you tonight... But, Ive got a date about 30 minutes before we shut the doors. Reckon you can handle it on your own?" Pat spoke fast and Phoebe only just managed to understand what he had asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine, have fun on your date." She spoke calmly till the last word which came out sounding sour, she tied her apron around her waist, but Pat didn't notice her tone to Phoebe's luck.

---

"Alright, I'm off! Wish me luck Phoebe!" Pat shouted from the backdoor. "Goodluck Pat." Phoebe spoke in a monotone voice.

It was 9:30 pm and the diner was dead, no one had come in for about an hour, something was felt off.

Her hallucinations were the worst they have ever been, it was like Melody was just watching everything from Phoebe's shoulder, but she just had to power through the rest of her shift, then she could go to the park and just breathe.

Phoebe couldn't do anything for another 30 minutes, she had already done everything, swept, mopped, tables, benches, kitchen. So she just sat down taking a few deep breaths, she just needed to calm down. But nothing was working, Melody just flooded her mind. Phoebe wanted to die, just be dead and see Melody on the other side.

She needed Melody. She only ever needed Melody.

She hadn't even told Podcast about her gut wrenching crush on the ghost. No one knew but her, not even the girl she was head-over-heels for.

Phoebe had been sitting for about 20 minutes, she didn't even realise. When she looked back up to the clock she just sighed and stood up with a groan fixing her shorts.

This was going to be a long 10 minutes for Phoebe.

She picked up a cloth and some spray and started to wipe the tables once more, just to pass time.

"Hello? Are you still open?"

Phoebe didn't even notice that someone had walked into the diner, she just kept cleaning the tables with a small whistle.

The person knocked on the door. That Phoebe heard "Sorry the kitchen has been closed for the night, would you like a drink instead?" Phoebe asked the stranger without bothering to look at them.

Slowly the person that had been at the door made their way over to Phoebe, they tapped on her shoulder and as Phoebe turned to face the person she saw Melody. "Boo" Melody spoke with a smile. But Phoebe's face was cold, and tears brimmed in her eyes.

"I know you're not real." Phoebe said with a crack in her voice as a tear dripped from her left eye.

"What do you mean Pheebs? I'm real, I'm right here." Melody said looking Phoebe in the eyes and her heart broke seeing Phoebe cry like this.

Phoebe looked at her, it was Melody, but she was different, she wasn't transparent, blue or on fire.

Melody was alive. And she was back with Phoebe.

They just looked at each other for a moment before Phoebe fell to the floor sobbing and weeping.

"Pheebs?! Hey what's wrong?" Melody got down to her knees to be level with a weeping Phoebe "your real?" Phoebe asked through her tears with a hiccup after.

"I'm real Phoebe" Melody said with a crack in her voice and a small laugh as tears spilled down her face.

Phoebe just grabbed Melody and hugged her tightly, Melody didn't complain, she hugged back even tighter as Phoebe cried into her shoulder.

+ And that's all for this one fokes! Omg I loved writing that so much! 830 words! The longest one yet! Please leave your opinion in the comments and vote to show your enjoyment and want to read more! +