Record 11 - The wilde grad day

The office was at half light, the young officer was getting to know what real frustration was.

-I've been planning this for months, I can't believe it!

She tore out the sheet of paper she was writing on and piled it in the trash can next to her desk, with the other 50 that were there. Suddenly her cell phone screen lit up and distracted her from her drama.

- Hello? - She said.

-I bet you're still in the office, huh Jude?- Her brother teased on the other end of the line.

-I'll leave when I'm done... you know it's already tomorrow!

- Sis, it's 6 am, your shift is actually about to start.

-Not again! - She banged her head on the desk. Her brother's laughter flooded the office, though the speakerphone wasn't active. - You called just to make fun of me, didn't you?

-No, of course not. You're lucky to have the best brother in the world.

-According to whom? - The gray doe scoffed.

- Turn your seat to the back table and see for yourself.

The sleepy doe obeyed her littermate and looked at a breakfast box, coffee, carrot pancakes and some fruit.

-Jonah! You didn't have to do that!

-You have to eat, and sometimes my little sister forgets it. But that's why you have your brother!

-It's terribly suspicious... But cute... Thank you. Did you order it from Tim Porktons?

-Of course I did, sis! Only the best for my alternative genetic version. -She sighed and the golden rabbit's face became serious. - Judy, you shouldn't try so hard, just say what you feel, your speech will be great.

-I finished that one last night... I think it looked good. I don't know if pred cadets will be happy to see me....

-If it's not the speech, what is it then... wait... don't tell me that... -Yes... you did...right?

-Yes... I did. - She gave a mischievous smile.

- Judy! I told you it could be bad!

-I know, I know, that's why I'm so nervous, but Nick deserves to have his mother at the ceremony and she deserves to see her son's big moment.

- You don't know that, if they have apart from each other it was for a reason. How did you get her address? You little stalker.

- It was very difficult, there were many inconsistencies in the documents, but the mayor's niece, my personal friend I might add, helped me with that little detail.

-I hope you don't end up regretting anything, be careful... and eat!

-I won't regret it, I never will... It's the least I can do for him. - She moved her purple eyes and smiled happily as she looked at the photo with her friend, who was posing on the desk.

Away from there, Nick was in complete calm, packing the things he had brought 9 months ago. He took in his paws the blue shirt with the ZPD white logo, nostalgically remembered how happy his friend was when she took it as a gift the day he left.

He then packed a small medal, the one he had won months earlier when he defeated the invading terrorists, and old acquaintances. Finally, he looked at the Polaroid taken a week ago, where all the happy cadets gathered to celebrate that they had all passed the test. They were practically officers now. For the first time, Nick felt like family. After months of earning the respect of most of the cadets, he had to admit he would miss them, but only a little.